- Requested user-rights: Administrator.
Tropicalkitty Along with few other users, helps with speedy deletions but has no deletion button. With the recent flow of mass spam attacks which disrupt our watchlists, every help is appreciated. Tropicalkitty is a rather recent Wikimedia editor but certainly more experienced than most admins here, worth considering. Nemo 21:37, 30 October 2015 (UTC)
- I'm fine with this.--Jasper Deng (talk) 21:43, 30 October 2015 (UTC)
- Support eurodyne (talk) 21:55, 30 October 2015 (UTC)
Done, no big objections. Nemo 07:39, 6 November 2015 (UTC)
- Comment: This was improperly closed. Despite no concerns above from the first two users, this should (at that moment) have been not done.
- I've been feeling uncomfortable the last few days of how this closed. I was not, at the start of the request (made by a bureaucrat) motivated of explaining why I wanted to request the sysop right. I understand that the nominator wanted more help, but there already is help by global sysops and stewards). I know that not all of those individuals are here at every single second, but they are still here quick enough to eliminate such unwanted pages (mentioned by the nominator). I know those with global sysop have to be a local sysop on a Wikimedia project already, as per policy, but I don't think this is one of them (since MediaWiki is included in the GS set at the moment).
- I was nervous to nominate myself because of global sysops helping out and also because of what is mentioned on the Project:Requests page. It has come to my attention that my help is needed (I don't reject requests from long time knowledgeable users or those by bureaucracts), but they should have notified me on my talk page first and waited for my answer. I would like to continue to help out in some way or every way possible because I really care about MediaWiki and all the other Wikimedia projects... I don't want anything terrible to happen to them. Tropicalkitty (talk) 18:49, 7 November 2015 (UTC)
- Until there is at least more of a clear consensus, I will provide no further administrative actions. This is very embarrassing that such an improper closure happened, but I am going to wait for further review, in terms of trust and the logged actions that I have done up to this point. Tropicalkitty (talk) 19:12, 7 November 2015 (UTC)
- This is not an improper closure, I have no idea what you're going on about. MediaWiki.org has a very small dedicated community and as such few people vote on the requests. If you don't want to be an administrator here then you can request that it be removed. If you do want to help out, you have the bit and are most welcome to use it. Regards, Ajraddatz (Talk) 21:19, 7 November 2015 (UTC)
- What Ajr said. Legoktm (talk) 03:09, 8 November 2015 (UTC)