- Requested user-rights: Bureaucrat.
I've noticed that the existing bureaucrats don't seem to be very active dealing with requests for renames (there are currently two requests waiting, untouched by anyone except the submitters) and I've also seen this problem a few times in the past few months with user rights. I am a MediaWiki contributor (git proof) and write some simple Wikimedia site configuration changes. I have been an administrator on this wiki for almost 6 months now. I also do lots of reviewing of changes and anti-vandalism/anti-spam here. --Krenair (talk • contribs) 15:14, 9 August 2012 (UTC)
- I have nothing against cratting you (though it'd be nice to hear other's thoughts on this so that I can't be accused of being a rouge bureaucrat), but I'll say this: I for one don't mind using my powers, but I most certainly don't watch any random wiki pages. If someone asks me for a rename on my talk page and it's uncontroversial, I'll do it, but to date, no-one's asked.
The fact that MediaWiki.org has somehow has drifted away from the old style of asking "ops" directly (that's how I got my sysop rights, I asked User:Robchurch on his talk page!) to a more centralized, less personal enwiki-style random project pages may appear as bureaucrat "inactivity".
- Almost all bureaucrats are either current or former developers; I count only one non-developer bureaucrat on Special:ListUsers/bureaucrat. I'm sure that the people employed by the WMF have their hands full of paid projects and volunteers may also have other priorities than monitoring the wiki (very actively).
- Given that you are a developer and willing to dedicate your time to this, I see no reason why you shouldn't be opped. --Jack Phoenix (Contact) 16:33, 9 August 2012 (UTC)
- Support Krenair would do this very well, IMO.--Jasper Deng (talk) 17:00, 9 August 2012 (UTC)
- Support Sure. Btw: Did you find finally an internet connection? :) --Frigotoni ...i'm here; 16:28, 10 August 2012 (UTC)
- Support While you're not long an admin (since Feb 2012) I support this request nevertheless - we indeed could use some crat help, see here... Trijnstel (talk) 12:07, 13 August 2012 (UTC)
- Support I'm usually pretty good about getting to renames in a timely manner, but between travel and school finals I kinda forgot about that talk page message until I stopped by today and saw this request... whoops. Having some extra people around who can get to such things is never a bad idea. Unless there is significant opposition in the next day or three, I'll go ahead and do the +crat in a couple of days. --Skizzerz 20:35, 13 August 2012 (UTC)