Use this page for requests for:
- autopatrollers, uploaders or IP block exemption (which can be assigned by administrators)
- Promotion to sysop, translation admin, bureaucrat or anything not above (which can be assigned by bureaucrats)
- Requests for comment and other miscellaneous requests
Any new flagging to +sysop should have an associated subpage here, except for well-established developers, where a developer is someone who has had changes accepted to the MediaWiki core or a MediaWiki extension where the total number of changed lines in the relevant whitespace-insensitive diffs exceeds 100.
One thing to keep in mind is that unlike most Wikimedia sites, this site is controlled by the MediaWiki developers, not the other users in this community. Being a developer (someone with merge access who uses it to maintain code that runs on Wikimedia sites) automatically entitles you to at least administrator status, and a long-time developer won't find it hard to become a bureaucrat. If you're not a developer, you do have to give some good reason to get any privileges; you should not expect to ever be made a bureaucrat. Something like a third of administrators and a quarter of bureaucrats are non-developers, however, so it's not like you shouldn't bother asking.
That said, there aren't really any formal policies on what's required: you just have to convince a bureaucrat. Use common sense―if you're trustworthy and your services are in need, there's no reason not to promote you to administrator at least, but don't ask for administrator without giving a concrete reason (unless you're a developer).Being personally known to a developer or having administrator or higher status on a major Wikimedia project are two ways to be deemed trustworthy.
Requests for permissions
- Archives: Autochecked user • Translation administrator • Administrator • Bureaucrat • Other user rights
User: Sokote zaman
- Requested user-rights: Bureaucrat and Administrator and Editor.
I have been working on MediaWiki for more than 5 years and I have gained a lot of experience
Please give me this access to increase my experience and help Wikimedia.
- @Sokote zaman: this request appears to be for three different groups, bureaucrat, administrator, and editor. The editor group does not exist, so that cannot be granted. I do not believe it would be appropriate to grant bureaucrat access without first having at least some experience as an admin, so I oppose that part of the request. Finally, for administrator access - I do not believe wanting to increase experience is enough of a reason to warrant administrator access, and since you do not appear to be a mediawiki developer that entitles you to admin access automatically, I am forced to oppose granting adminship as well. Additionally, while you have been here for a while, you haven't been active very much lately, with your last 10 edits going back to November 2020. --DannyS712 (talk) 22:51, 4 April 2021 (UTC)
- @DannyS712:Dear colleague DannyS712
Thank you for answering my request.
I'm not active in MediaWiki because it's a development environment, but in Wikipedia itself, especially. I mean Persian Wikipedia.
My site that represents my experience: wikicod.ir
Please check again.
- @Sokote zaman if you're a contributor to Persian Wikipedia, that is great, but adminship here is separate and based on mediawiki development contributions and contributions made on this wiki. Your experience with wikicod.ir is also not very relevant - that is not a WMF project. DannyS712 (talk) 02:29, 5 April 2021 (UTC)
- @DannyS712: Thank you very much for your pursuit.
User: APaskulin (WMF)
- Requested user-rights: Administrator.
I'm a technical writer at WMF working on mediawiki.org. I'd like to be able to delete a mistakenly-created subpage in one of my documentation projects. Thanks! — Preceding unsigned comment added by APaskulin (WMF) (talk • contribs) 19:50, 10 March 2021 (UTC)
- @APaskulin (WMF) if you just want to delete a single page you can tag it for deletion. If you expect to use admin rights for other things, that would be fine, but if its just for a single deletion I think tagging is better DannyS712 (talk) 22:47, 4 April 2021 (UTC)