Diffusion vs. Gitblit
As of June 2016 we switched our repository browser to Diffusion (phab:T752) from gitblit (was at https://git.wikimedia.org) .
- Privacy: doesn't load external resources from googleapis.com.
- Nice minor features of the project summary
- README preview
- "Locate file" quicksearch by filename
- Allows grepping file content and filename from Browse > Show search (grepping not enabled on our gitblit, but was widely used when we used gitweb)
- Easier to configure
- "Path was deleted" feature when looking for a deleted file.
- Discoverability: like gitblit, diffusion was set up with a restrictive robots.txt. Some things may not be blacklisted yet.