Diffusion is integrated with the other tools in the Phabricator suite. For instance:
- When you commit Differential revisions to a tracked repository, they are automatically updated and linked to the corresponding commits;
- You can add Herald rules to notify you about commits that match certain rules;
- In tasks and other places, you can automatically link to commits.
Creating and managing repositories
The #Repository-Admins group in Phabricator is tasked with creating, managing and organizing our repositories. If you need help with a repo, these are the folks to ask.
Requesting a new repository
If you would like to have a new repository created and/or imported into Diffusion, please create a task in the #Repository-Admins project.
Please include the following information:
- The desired callsign (following the naming conventions), eg: rECNO
- The desired full name, eg: extension-CentralNotice
- If needed, the url to another git repo that you would like the new repository to be populated with initially
Callsigns are short names that represent a repository. You can read more about them in the upstream Phabricator documentation. Callsigns must be only capital Latin alphabet letters (eg:
[A-Z]+). They are also immutable (not changeable).
FYI - Email address privacy
Obviously, if you make a commit using an email address that is associated with a Phabricator user, the user and the email address will be linked in the user interface.
- Upstream documentation on Diffusion: https://secure.phabricator.com/book/phabricator/article/diffusion/