FOSS Outreach Program for Women
|Outreach Program for Women:||Round 5 • Round 6 • Round 7 • Round 8|
Wikimedia is a proud participant of the Free and Open Source Outreach Program for Women, which runs two editions every year. In this program we connect women with possible projects and possible mentors in a three-month, full-time internship.
Learn more about our motivation and goals to run this program: FLOSS internship programs as catalysts for richer community collaboration.
Goals[edit | edit source]
The MediaWiki community is participating in this initiative because we aim to:
- Make strong connections with a few talented people who will stick around
- Encourage people to work on testing, design, documentation, marketing, and other areas as well as code
- Increase the number and proportion of women in an open source community
- Promote age diversity as well
- Follow broader charters with interns and flex to accommodate their interests and abilities