Note: This extension is bundled with MediaWiki 1.18 and above. Thus you do not have to download it again.
Release status: stable
|Implementation||Special page, Page action|
|Description||Gives sysops the ability to mass delete pages.|
|Author(s)||Brion Vibber, Jeroen De Dauw|
|Latest version||1.2.0 (2014-03-27)|
|License||GNU General Public License 2.0 or later|
Translate the Nuke extension if it is available at translatewiki.net
|Check usage and version matrix;|
|Open tasks · Report a bug|
The Nuke extension makes it possible for sysops to mass delete pages.
- Download and place the file(s) in a directory called
- Add the following code at the bottom of your LocalSettings.php:
wfLoadExtension( 'Nuke' );
- Configure as required.
- Done - Navigate to Special:Version on your wiki to verify that the extension is successfully installed.
To users running MediaWiki 1.24 or earlier:
The instructions above describe the new way of installing extensions using
wfLoadExtension(), since MediaWiki 1.25. If you need to install this extension in earlier versions, instead of
wfLoadExtension( 'Nuke' );, you need to use:
The user right "nuke" is automatically granted to the "sysop" user group. To decouple this and assign this right to a dedicated new user group such as "nuke" add the following to your "LocalSettings.php" file:
$wgGroupPermissions['sysop']['nuke'] = false; $wgGroupPermissions['nuke']['nuke'] = true;
Go to Special:Nuke in order to mass delete pages recently added by a user or IP address. The special page is listed under Special:SpecialPages as Mass delete.
You can also specify a pattern for the page title: the field accepts SQL wildcards, like
A log of all deletions is maintained at Special:Log/delete.
- Extension:DeleteBatch and the deleteBatch.php maintenance script - Delete multiple pages using a text file containing the names
- Extension:NukeDPL - Delete multiple pages using 'Dynamic Page Lists'
- Extension:SmiteSpam - Attempts to find all spam on a wiki, via text processing, and provides an interface to delete it all
- Manual:DeleteArchivedRevisions.php - Script to permanently blow away pages after deleting them (e.g. after using Extension:Nuke)
- Extension:DeletePagePermanently - Adds a tab for deleting an individual page permanently.
|This extension is being used on one or more Wikimedia projects. This probably means that the extension is stable and works well enough to be used by such high-traffic websites. Look for this extension's name in Wikimedia's CommonSettings.php and InitialiseSettings.php configuration files to see where it's installed. A full list of the extensions installed on a particular wiki can be seen on the wiki's Special:Version page.|
|Language:||English • 日本語 • 한국어 • polski • português • русский|