Release status: stable
|Implementation||Special page, Page action|
|Description||Gives sysops the ability to mass delete pages.|
|Latest version||1.3.0 (2017-03-01)|
|License||GNU General Public License 2.0 or later|
|Translate the Nuke extension if it is available at translatewiki.net|
|Issues||Open tasks · Report a bug|
The Nuke extension makes it possible for sysops to mass delete pages.
- Download and place the file(s) in a directory called
- Add the following code at the bottom of your
wfLoadExtension( 'Nuke' );
- Configure as required.
- Done – Navigate to Special:Version on your wiki to verify that the extension is successfully installed.
The user right "nuke" is automatically granted to the "sysop" user group. To decouple this and assign this right to a dedicated new user group such as "nuke" add the following to your "LocalSettings.php" file:
$wgGroupPermissions['sysop']['nuke'] = false; $wgGroupPermissions['nuke']['nuke'] = true;
Go to Special:Nuke in order to mass delete pages recently added by a user or IP address. If you don't want to filter by user, you can also just filter by namespace.
You can also specify a pattern for the page title.
The field accepts SQL wildcards, like
All deletions, as usual, are recorded in Special:Log/delete.
- Extension:DeleteBatch - Delete multiple pages using a text file containing the names
- Extension:NukeDPL - Delete multiple pages using 'Dynamic Page Lists'
- Extension:SmiteSpam - Attempts to find all spam on a wiki, via text processing, and provides an interface to delete it all
- Command line
- deleteBatch.php - Delete multiple pages using a text file containing the names
- nukeNS.php - Delete all pages in a specific namespace without creating any deletion log (from command line)
- deleteArchivedRevisions.php - Script to permanently blow away pages after deleting them (e.g. after using Extension:Nuke)
|This extension is being used on one or more Wikimedia projects. This probably means that the extension is stable and works well enough to be used by such high-traffic websites. Look for this extension's name in Wikimedia's CommonSettings.php and InitialiseSettings.php configuration files to see where it's installed. A full list of the extensions installed on a particular wiki can be seen on the wiki's Special:Version page.|
|This extension is included in the following packages and/or wiki farms:|