The Collaboration team at the Wikimedia Foundation is tasked with encouraging more new users to sign up for and contribute to Wikimedia projects, encourage new editors to continue participating, and help active contributors to be effective.
The team is currently working on:
- Designing and developing cross-wiki notifications, and other Echo improvements.
- See tasks linked from phab:T113228
- Researching workflow processes.
Past projects[edit | edit source]
- Article Feedback Tool, a tool designed to encourage readers to provide feedback on articles.
- Echo (Notifications), a redesign of the notifications system in Wikipedia. It was deployed to all Wikimedia wikis in November 2013.
- Flow, discussion and collaboration software. Now in production as opt-in for talk pages, help pages and village pump-style discussion forums, on wikis that request it.
- MoodBar, a tool designed to encourage feedback from new users, with Feedback Dashboard supporting review by experienced members.
- New Page Triage, redesigning the New Page Patrol experience.
- WikiLove, a tool designed to encourage community health and reduce "bite".
You can find us in IRC at.