Multimedia/Standup notes/2018/May

From MediaWiki.org
Jump to navigation Jump to search


2018-05-31[edit]

Matthias[edit]

  • Fixed MediaInfo tests
  • Fixing GWToolset issue

Pam[edit]

  • Back-to-back meetings today :O
  • Sketching Depicts search yesterday
  • Wireframing Depicts search today

Ramsey[edit]

  • Prepping for meetings on Friday at the office (day trip)
  • More depicts stuff
  • Partnership communication for 3D and future projects

Keegan[edit]

  • ARs. No, srs.

Cormac[edit]

  • +1s on 2 patches to do with qualifers (incl quantity search) now, DCausse is going to chase Stas for a 2nd opinion
  • working on the last patch for quantity search, it's working but needs cleanup
  • doing reviews


2018-05-30[edit]

Mark[edit]

  • OOUI emails sent to Moriel, will hopefully have some thoughts when I return
  • Out tomorrow until Tuesday (i.e. I'll see you all Tuesday morning)

Cormac[edit]

  • gonna miss standup becaues I'm attending an unconscious bias workshop
  • have what's hopefully the final patch in for writing quantity data to the search index
  • now working on a new search keyword to make queries based on statement+quantity e.g. P180=Q5>5 (depicts more tha 5 humans)

Pam[edit]

  • Meeting conflict (New Staff Travel Training)
  • Wrapping up Search research, and on to sketching

Matthias[edit]

  • Testing labs
  • Fixed error on non-existing file pages

Ramsey[edit]

  • Depicts stuff
  • Helping direct George to some things for her work
  • Making a dent in my pile of peer reviews to do

Keegan[edit]

  • Socializing the consultation some
  • Annual reviews, I hope
  • Email pile I haven't really touched since I got back
  • Can we swap Multimedia meeting Hangout links for Meet links? I believe this require re-creating current meetings


2018-05-29[edit]

Mark[edit]

  • OOUI investigation continues today - still need to gather thoughts and send some emails
  • Very short week for me, I'll be out Thursday through Monday

Pam[edit]

  • Very meeting day
  • Search

Cormac[edit]

  • quantity search patch working, but DCausse thinks it a bit over-generalized, so changing it round a little so we'll only index quantities for depicts for now

Matthias[edit]

  • Catching up on things, reading Google Docs

Ramsey[edit]

  • More depicts thinking, re: accounting for Wikidata labeling issues
  • follow-ups from previous meetings/emails (3D partnerships, George, etc.)
  • research
  • finding Matthias


2018-05-28[edit]

Cormac[edit]

  • working with David to get quantity search working

Matthias[edit]

  • UploadWizard revamp done


2018-05-24[edit]

Pam[edit]

  • Going over Matthias’ email about thumbnail size
  • Caption study: Finishing grading responses so JMo can run a statistical analysis on the graded results
  • Search

Mark[edit]

  • Jet lag (delayed)
  • Probably taking some time this afternoon to try and recover more
  • Tomorrow: Similar, but less, hopefully
  • Will write some emails about OOUI migration to mooeypoo et al.

Matthias[edit]

  • Messing around with thumbnails

Ramsey[edit]

  • Depicts - the wonderful land of depicts
  • considering what we do for upload tools besides uploadwizard

Keegan[edit]

  • Catching up with all the things
  • Sending a massmessage about the consultation to the working group
  • Depicts stuff

Cormac[edit]

  • have a patch for quantity qualifier but have to sort out merge conflicts and integrate it with David's new elastic search analyzer


2018-05-23[edit]

Pam[edit]

  • Search...

Cormac[edit]

  • searching with quantities
  • then tree traversal at index time
  • warning - I'll be off for 2 weeks at the beginning of June

Mark[edit]

  • Meeting day returns
  • Should really start writing some emails about OOUI in Wikibase but it may have to wait a little while
  • US holiday on Monday, plus some vacation next Thursday for a political thing - I'll be scarce next week

Matthias[edit]

  • UW details step redesign

Keegan[edit]

  • Not technically working today...
  • Socializing the consultation then taking the day off

Ramsey[edit]

  • Reminder again, I'm out Friday
  • Working on contract stuff for George Oates
  • Updating the Depicts spec doc. Please check in periodically because some big stuff is going on in there


2018-05-22[edit]

Mark[edit]

  • Travel is the worst
  • Today: Recovery mostly. Sorry for throughput.
  • Will be syncing with everyone about hackathon stuff throughout the week

Pam[edit]

  • Search

= Ramsey[edit]

  • Depicts and search and things that don't work like they should

Matthias[edit]

  • Fixed labs
  • UW details step redesign

Cormac[edit]

  • today - mostly catching up on domestic chores I missed over the weekend
  • working on quantity qualifier search
  • then working on an idea for tree traveral at index time to improve search (with David Causse)


2018-05-21[edit]

Matthias[edit]

Not around - holiday

Pam[edit]

  • Had a meeting with Rita, she gave me lots of good ideas on UI goodies for Search/Depicts ^-^
  • Continuing with Search & how it should work

Ramsey[edit]

  • Depicts! Spec for search
  • Following up on some partnership/contract things
  • Reminder I'm out


2018-05-17[edit]

Matthias[edit]

  • OOUI'ify'ing UW license selection
  • Performance reviews

Ramsey[edit]

  • Yesterday doing contract stuff for George Oates phase 2
  • Today, reading and research, RE: depicts
  • Also chipping away at a pile of performance reviews

Pam[edit]

Yesterday:

  • Design consutlation handed over to Keegan. Took most of yesterday.
  • Finished cleaning up OOUI-ified Upload Wizard & uploaded to Zeplin. How best to share?

Today:

  • Returning to Search/Depicts today
  • Don't have much to share for the Design/Dev chat. Should we keep the meeting today?
      • Matthias Links:
   https://zpl.io/be46prl
   https://zpl.io/bzMPeG8


2018-05-16[edit]

Mark[edit]

  • I'll be pretty much OOO today due to travel and travel prep - if I have a meeting with you after this one, I'm cancelling it. This could have been planned better.
  • See you at the hackathon!

Pam[edit]

  • Yay, one less meeting this morning (thanks, Mark & good luck)
  • Edited the draft copy for the design consultation (in good shape!)
  • Between meetings this morning, uploading designs & assigning licenses to them for the consultation
  • Late afternoon: finish the UW OOIU-ification and Depicts/Search

Ramsey[edit]

  • One less meeting due to No Mark. Yay (down to 5 today)
  • Research on all things community needs/response to SDC
  • More depicts planning/scheming
  • Figuring out work travel for June and Wikimania

Matthias[edit]

  • OOUI'ify'ing UW license selection

Cormac[edit]

  • mapping out MW core code in an attempt to understand how MCR slots work in the code
  • tomorrow - hackathon!


2018-05-15[edit]

Pam[edit]

  • At an all-day design conference
  • Will spend free time editing draft of the design consultation today

Mark[edit]

Matthias[edit]

  • OOUI'ify'ing UW license selection

Ramsey[edit]

  • meetings
  • more research into depicts - potential problems and solutions
  • poking at peer revies

Cormac[edit]

  • Same as yesterday - digging into the MCR/ParserOutput stuff
  • Read the depicts doc ...


2018-05-14[edit]

Mark[edit]

  • Oh my god what is my life (travel craziness)
  • Trying to recover today
  • This week's work is going to be largely hackathon prep and meetings - dev diary, presentation (maybe?)

Pam[edit]

  • Answering comments on the design consulation draft
  • Search/Depicts
  • Cleaning up UW wireframes for Matthias (sharing via Zeplin)
  • Tomorrow might move some meetings around (mostly concerns Ramsey)

Keegan[edit]

  • Ready to work on the design draft when Pam is ready
  • Sort through emails
  • Prep hackathon stuff

Ramsey[edit]

  • Just morning team meetings today
  • Updated the Depicts spec doc on Friday, will look for review for the new pages (re: Artwork scenarios)
  • will try to use the open day for research/reading

Matthias[edit]

  • OOUI'ify'ing UW license selection

Cormac[edit]

  • Digging into the MCR/ParserOutput stuff

Amanda[edit]

  • Draft deck for grant timeline and feature sets
  • Pulling together examples of file captions
  • Starting what lives where deck
  • Packing and Hackathon prep


2018-05-10[edit]

Keegan[edit]

  • No standup/retro for me, at Community Engagement QCI
  • Trying to get better about filling this in when I can't make standup
  • Setting up a consultation Google Calendar
  • Phabricator catchup
  • Going to start wikifying Pam's consultation when she's ready

Ramsey[edit]

  • Meetings
  • still digging through various depicts issues
  • meeting with Magic Leap later today about possible partnerships
  • will clarify (or attempt to) some lingering revision questions.

Mark[edit]

  • Sigh, labs instance
  • Trying to get time to start on OOUI widgets for MediaInfo. We'll see if that happens.
  • Off tomorrow - on a plane WAY too early in the morning

Cormac[edit]

  • almost there on those qualifiers search tickets, should be able send an email early tomorrow
  • then onto learning more about MCR-for-wikibase so I can talk sensibly about it at the hackathon


2018-05-09[edit]

Mark[edit]

  • Productive meetings! omg
  • Not as many meetings tomorrow
  • Doing things in between meetings

Keegan[edit]

  • What Mark said

Matthias[edit]

  • Logging all the interactive UploadWizard things

Pam[edit]

  • Got some meetings
  • Otherwise Depicts & the search UX

Ramsey[edit]

  • Craziness with meetings
  • Hopefully doing some misc Commons stuff with 3D, future commons, etc
  • Double-checking our revision tracking and diff situation

Cormac[edit]

  • More digging on qualifiers and searching for them ... I'm into a fractal maze of rabbit holes


2018-05-08[edit]

Matthias[edit]

  • Logging all the interactive UploadWizard things

Pam[edit]

  • Catcing up on emails
  • Hoping I got comments on the draft of the design consultation
  • Depicts!
  • Parking lot: Upload Wizard UI

Mark[edit]

  • Gearing up for tomorrow's meetings...probably will take most of my day (as I have to get consensus on our frontend approach)

Ramsey[edit]

  • Quarterly Checkin
  • Many conversations about upcoming changes to Revisions history page for MCR and our future features (carried over from a lot of chat yesterday)

Cormac[edit]

  • depicts qualifiers deep diving ... creating individual tickets for the more complex/messier ones


2018-05-07[edit]

Pam[edit]

  • Off today (floating the last WMF holiday for today) but I did get the draft of the design consultation out for internal review on Friday
  • Nirzar showed me an OOUI update of Upload Wizard (we didn't have a design pattern for forms, but we will now). Will show on Tuesday when I have it.
  • Going to start on Depicts!

Mark[edit]

  • Long weekend. Trying to spin back up to speed.
  • Will be updating MediaInfo code on labs today. Yes Done
  • Also: Continued investigation of frontend code. (I can maybe talk more about this in the nextmeeting)
  • Friday off - will be on a plane and in LA
  • Ramsey, Amanda: Anything needed from me for QCI?

Keegan[edit]

  • Meeting with Sandra to talk about Wikidata properties
  • Writing up the Property strategy for Amanda after that meeting
  • Looking into scheduling the next IRC Office Hour (probably mid-June)
  • Review Pam's draft design consultation

Amanda[edit]

  • Finding out who will own changes to recent changes
  • Updates for Aud Leads
  • Expense reports :( :(

Matthias[edit]

  • Logging all the interactive UploadWizard things

Ramsey[edit]

  • Emails!
  • If I have time, will work through community scenarios regarding Depicts and Wikibase Federation
  • Digging through Phab tickets


2018-05-03[edit]

Ramsey[edit]

  • Meetings
  • More depicts spec refinement
  • quarterly checkin slides

Pam[edit]

  • Still writing the design consutlation
  • Depicts in the afternoon

Mark[edit]

  • Meeting day round two lol
  • Reviews are coming up, beware
  • Tomorrow I'll be wishy-washy due to other obligations
  • I'll be taking next Friday off for a trip (it's my brother's birthday on Saturday!)

Keegan[edit]

  • Not much Multimedia today, I need to finish some other stuff

Cormac[edit]

  • updated qualifiers search patch
  • sorting out stuff for wikimania
  • working on a new patch for qualifiers that aren't strings/items


2018-05-02[edit]

Matthias[edit]

  • Merged a few UploadWizard patches
  • Fixes UploadWizard language selector interaction issue
  • Working on UploadWizard EventLogging

Pam[edit]

  • Yesterday worked on user flow diagrams for the MLC on FP design consultation
  • Ever closer to finishing/sharing out the draft of the consultation
  • And also, meetings
  • Does everyone have the Design/Dev chat on their calendars?

Mark[edit]

  • Happy meeting day
  • Still hoping to accomplish something on the frontend investigations though
  • Quick check: Does anyone need me to chime in on something that has slipped through the cracks?

Keegan[edit]

  • Meetings, yes
  • Need to look over Ramsey's "Depicts" v1 draft slides
  • Poking at signed-up volunteers to leave caption feedback

Ramsey[edit]

  • Meetings
  • Arranging future meetings
  • Reading/approving things
  • Quarterly Checkin slides

Cormac[edit]

  • First 'depicts' search patch merged
  • Have another bit of work to do on the qualifiers patch, mostly investigating how to index non-item/string fields
  • and then I'll be onto the parser output work
  • could someone else take scrum-of-scrums today? family schedule is out of whack on account extra rehearsals for eldest daughter's school show
  • question about searching for non-string qualifiers
  • progress towards beta?


2019-05-01[edit]

Pam[edit]

  • Just in case I miss stand-up:
  • yesterday worked on the draft of the MLC on FP design consultation draft for the first half, and the Oates engagement for the other half
  • today continuing on the draft, hoping to share it out by the end of the day for review

Mark[edit]

  • Yesterday wasn't good for productivity
  • Continuing investigation of Wikibase frontend code

Ramsey[edit]

  • yesterday's travel and George Oates meeting took up time, but very productive.
  • there were some misc. presentation requests made while i was in the office. I'll work on those.
  • back to depicts spec, this time exploring whether we need to have a references interface

Cormac[edit]

  • pinged addshore again, still no response
  • submitted a patch for qualifiers just now