Multimedia/Standup notes/2018/June

From MediaWiki.org
Jump to navigation Jump to search

2018-06-28[edit]

Keegan[edit]

  • Not very productive yesterday, distractions outside of SDC eating my mental capacities
  • Picking stuff up again today, mainly in meeting form
  • Probably start socializing the properties workshop

Pam[edit]

  • Got good design feedback on Scenario B & have revised it (it's ready to share)

Matthias[edit]

  • Search prototype
  • Gave up figuring out what's preventing UW redesign from getting merged
  * might be that problem with npm install timing out that Antoine sent an email about?

Ramsey[edit]

  • yesterday: meetings and some roadmap progress
  • today: meetings and some roadmap progress :)

Cormac[edit]

  • still working through search patch comments from search team
  • also trying to sort out WMF-paid for life insurance cos death-in-service benefit isn't available in Ireland :/
  • it's really hot here \o/ (28C/82F)

Amanda[edit]

  • sent iiif workshop summary email
  • added traversal issues to traversal tickets
  • poking more at q1 goals
  • getting flights for wikimania
  • following up with potential pilot project partner


2018-06-27[edit]

Cormac[edit]

  • working on feedback on the quantity search patches from the search team
  • maybe someday I'll get to give the query expansion stuff the attention it deserves
  • taking an impromtu vacation half-day to go the beach with the kids

Ramsey[edit]

  • yesterday: consulted with Pam on Scenario B and had a whole mess o' sync up meetings
  • made progress with some roadmapping yesterday, will continue (takes a while to plan a year out)
  • packed morning with meetings, will be productive in the afternoon

Mark[edit]

  • Rough night/morning, will attempt to make it through meeting day but have very little hope for work in between and after

Pam[edit]

  • SO many meetings
  • Almost done prepping Scenario B for design crit

Keegan[edit]

  • Tweaking the properties workshop, I'm still not 100% satisfied with it and I'm not sure why
  • Meetings
  • Non-SDC stuff to do

Amanda[edit]

  • Summary of IIIF workshop
  • Adding statement traversal stuff to statement traversal tickets

Matthias[edit]

  • Search prototype
  • Figuring out what's preventing UW redesign from getting merged


2018-06-26[edit]

Cormac[edit]

  • will miss standup today cos will be at the Spark project presentation meeting thing (see https://office.wikimedia.org/wiki/User:CParle_(WMF)/Spark/Firepit_plus)
  • fixed up the search patches (all tests passing again now), chased search team for reviews
  • merged a couple more of Matthias patches
  • did more preliminary work on the query expansion/BlazeGraph stuff
  • IMPORTANT: will need someone else to do SoS tomorrow cos I've to go to the doc to get my South Africa vaccinations

Pam[edit]

  • Fleshing out Scenario B designs
  • Scattered meetings thorughout the day

Ramsey[edit]

  • today: mostly meetings for the first half of the day
  • yesterday: worked on updating the roadmap. will continue to do so later today

Mark[edit]

  • Yesterday: Managed to get through review stuff
  • Today: Back to Real Work™

Matthias[edit]

  • Search prototype


2018-06-25[edit]

Mark[edit]

  • Today will be largely review-focused but I'll try to fit in some real work too

Ramsey[edit]

  • Meetings
  • Shifting gears a bit to some other Wikidata related stuff
  • Will try to find time to edit roadmap

Keegan[edit]

  • IRC office hour tomorrow, sending out reminder
  • Finishing and posting the properties classification workshop

Pam[edit]

  • Scenario B!
  • Worked with Nirzar a bit on adding Depcits on UW. Good progress!

Cormac[edit]

  • rebasing and the like on the quantity search patch, library code has changed so have some test failures

Matthias[edit]

  • Search prototype


2018-06-21[edit]

Pam[edit]

  • Sent Nirzar a design brief on adding/editing/removing Depicts on UW
  • Need to complete some expense reports
  • Meeting w/ Ramsey about what's next for design

Matthias[edit]

  • Search prototype

Keegan[edit]

  • Meetings
  • Property classification consultation writing

Ramsey[edit]

  • Meetings
  • Working with Pam on design stuff
  • Emails about upcoming work (revision history, "text based" structured data, etc.)

Amanda[edit]

  • OCLC federated wikibase
  • Follow up from IIIF discovery workshop
  • Reviewing v2 search depics mocks :D
  • Introducing "Wikidata and Us, the Strategy"
  • Lots of sync meetings

Mark[edit]

  • Meeting day was as predicted
  • Today looks a little more hopeful for productivity!

Cormac[edit]

  • first of those search-quantity patches merged, waiting for feedback on the others
  • starting to think about BlazeGraph and query expansion/tree traversal


2018-06-20[edit]

Matthias[edit]

  • Search prototype

Mark[edit]

  • Yesterday: Got through backlog stuff
  • Today: Meeting day!
  • Hopefully some serious progress tomorrow, but as mentioned elsewhere, I'm still splashing around in the shallows of this OOUI stuff

Ramsey[edit]

  • Meetings (lots of 'em!)
  • Daniel sent an email about Wikibase Reversion UI I need to think about
  • When time permits, updating the roadmap

Pam[edit]

  • Worked yesterday, finished Searching Depicts (still need to do Search for other properties, but it'll resemble Depicts)
  • Lots of meetings today
  • Prepping info for Nirzar for adding/editing Depicts to FP & UW

Keegan[edit]

  • Working on the property classification discussion, meeting w/Sandra
  • Phabricator stuff

Cormac[edit]

  • finished that statement quantity search patch, just trying to make double sure it works properly but vagrant is acting weird now ... so it'll be tomorrow before it's ready for review


2018-06-19[edit]

Matthias[edit]

  • Search prototype

Cormac[edit]

  • merged a couple of Matthias's patches
  • found what was wrong on labs, updated the labs test spec
  • restarted work on the statement quantity stuff

Mark[edit]

  • I rebelled and took today's vacation yesterday, so I'm gonna get shit done today
  • Also email catch-up today
  • Looking forward to review mania this week and next

2018-06-18[edit]

Amanda[edit]

  • Resetting quarterly goal interlocks
  • SDC update email to working group and friends
  • Q1 goal setting

Matthias[edit]

  • Search prototype

Pam[edit]

  • Finishing up Searching Depicts revisions
  • Tomorrow will be working & prepping info for Nirzar, who's pitching in on adding Depicts to FP & UW

Ramsey[edit]

  • Meetings
  • Quarterly goal stuff and adjusting roadmap
  • More depicts spec stuff if I can find the time

Keegan[edit]

  • Catch up on all the things from time off
  • Publicize IRC Office Hours (next Tuesday,11:00am PDT)
  • Set up meeting w/Sandra to format the property classes consultation

Cormac[edit]

  • catching up post-vacation
  • reading over Matthias's test plan I realised something isn't working with search on labs, looking into that
  • next: back to depicts quantities


2018-06-14[edit]

Mark[edit]

  • Meeting day was meetingful
  • Today and tomorrow: Heads down in OOUI stuff...hopefully while distracted I haven't lost the thread

Matthias[edit]

  • Search prototype

Ramsey[edit]

  • Still in the Wonderful land of search and depicts
  • Getting ducks in a row for quarterly planning and 3-to-5 year planning

Pam[edit]

  • Searching Depicts finalization
  • Searching other statements/properties


2018-06-13[edit]

Matthias[edit]

  • Search prototype

Pam[edit]

  • Minor updates to Searching Depicts (scoped to just Depicts), but may not be done till tomorrow because of...
  • Lots of meetings today, an eye appointment, and headed downtown to cowork with JMo

= Amanda[edit]

  • Reviewed Search Depicts
  • Sending around Q1 goals emails
  • Send Hackathon summary email
  • Review Lydia's federation doc

Mark[edit]

  • Labs site is...better? Not really sure. I'm going to keep running nuke on it every once in a while but I think most of the problems should be better.
  • Meeting day!
  • Hopefully some time to make progress on the Wikibase work this afternoon or tomorrow.

Ramsey[edit]

  • Yesterday: Lot of depicts stuff (including with Pam)
  • Today: Lots of depicts stuff


2018-06-12[edit]

Pam[edit]

  • Returning to Searching Depicts for a second pass (thanks for the feedback)

Matthas[edit]

  • Getting started on search prototype

Ramsey[edit]

  • Meetings
  • Also doing more depicts stuff (figuring out Scenario B and search for other statements besides depicts)

Mark[edit]

  • Yesterday/this morning, caught up with email
  • Today: Probably doing some work on fixing our labs site, maybe getting into some OOUI things as well


2018-06-11[edit]

Pam[edit]

  • Sketches for MLC on Filepage and Upload Wizard

Matthias[edit]

  • Fixed search on labs (Elastic was no longer running)
  • Updated UI copy for UW captions

-> Pam will follow up on this

Ramsey[edit]

  • Meeting with George about her work so far
  • More depicts work (search)
  • discovering more Wikidata data issues we may have to deal with

Mark[edit]

  • Clearly on the ball today (was 5 minutes late)
  • Probably getting into more OOUI investigation - unless some other thing interrupts me while catching up on email


2018-06-07 =[edit]

Keegan[edit]

  • Meetings
  • Closing the design consultation

Mark[edit]

  • I'm aliiiiive (barely)
  • Sorry for being out of commission all week. I'm going to be lucky to finish the reviews on time.
  • If you had anything important to say during Meeting Day™ yesterday, happy to reschedule a meeting with you today.

Matthias[edit]

  • Fiddling with Wikibase JS

Pam[edit]

  • Great design review yeterday, almost finished incorporating some changes and will share out mid-morning today
  • Still need to finish up reviews

Ramsey[edit]

  • Meetings today
  • Thought I finished all reviews, but a couple more to do
  • Still working on depicts search concepts


2018-06-06[edit]

Matthias[edit]

  • Annual reviews done
  • Checking out Wikibase JS
  • Need to go find canned air - dust got trapped under keyboard

Pam[edit]

  • Hopefully finishing Annual reviews
  • Polishing designs for design review (Depicts search)

Amanda[edit]

  • Moar peer reviews
  • Moar meetings with WMDE folks
  • Finished GLAM ontology mapping review
  • Reviewing G. Oates doc

Ramsey[edit]

  • Poking data analysts about various things
  • More sketching rough UI/requirements for the "you searched for this label but we didn't find it did you mean this?" possible feature
  • The YSFTLBWDFIDYMT feature +1
  • Hopefully getting some time to build a couple new presentation decks for Future of Multimedia

Keegan[edit]

  • Still considering options for presenting the properties classifications
  • Probably closing the design consultation tomorrow, we've received almost 800 page views with no big complaints. Good job.


2018-06-05[edit]

Pam[edit]

  • Finished draft of Depicts suggested searching
  • Focusing on administrative tasks today
  • Also, scattered meetings

Matthias[edit]

  • Fixed labs http; redirects to https

Mark[edit]

  • That was a rough weekend
  • Today: Feeling sick, will try to power through and catch up on email, plus review process (maybe Friday)

Ramsey[edit]

  • Just 3 reviews left. Hoping to get those done today.
  • Helping Amanda catch up on the madness
  • Reviewing George Oates work
  • Reviewing Pam's depict design work

Amanda[edit]

  • Performance reviews
  • SDC in Audience annual plan
  • Meeting with WMDE folks


2018-06-04[edit]

Pam[edit]

  • Finishing up Depicts suggested search flow (2 versions)
  • Have to find time for peer/self reviews

Matthias[edit]

  • GWToolset job serialization fixed
  • Fixing labs http issue

Ramsey[edit]

  • Plumbing issue will distract me for at least part of the day
  • Finishing up peer reviews
  • More exploration of the data labeling issues on Wikidata

Keegan[edit]

  • Finding the bones of the next SDC newsletter
  • Check up on the consultation
  • Start thinking about the "property classification" consultation