Multimedia/Standup notes/2018/July

From MediaWiki.org
Jump to navigation Jump to search

2018-07-31[edit]

Mark[edit]

  • Got some bugs to look into yesterday, exciting (haven't gotten to 'em yet)
  • A few meetings but overall not a bad day to get stuff done

Ramsey[edit]

  • fewer meetings today!
  • got swamped with meetings yesterday, but still had time to work on the Artwork scenario and make some progress
  • will continue on the artwork scenario today
  • updated the Depicts spec deck yesterday, will continue to do so in prep for a community consultation later


2018-07-30[edit]

Mark[edit]

  • Not too many meetings
  • Got some stuff done on 3d bug last week
  • Have to repopulate to-do list a bit

Ramsey[edit]

  • meetings
  • working on requirements and sketches for importing statements of artwork (depicts of depicts)


2018-07-26[edit]

  • Mark needs some caffeine (took about three tries to type the date)

Mark[edit]

  • A few meetings today but not too many
  • Hoping to clear out the todo list and get into the weeds on a few Gerrit patches
  • Tomorrow, same deal, maybe some trawling Phabricator

Ramsey[edit]

  • Sketching out more detailed flow/requirements for the "artwork scenario"
  • lots of emails about Wikidata
  • Might use my Wikimania flex day tomorrow

Cormac[edit]

  • thinking a lot about statement traversal, feel like I need to think about it some more
  • trying to finish depicts-of-depicts before I'm off next week

Matthias[edit]

  • Search prototype


2018-07-25[edit]

Pam[edit]

  • Came up with two ways to to possibly handle batch/bulk editing of Depicts for UW
  • Will send to Ramsey after this meeting and also share it at the Design Team review meeting today for feedback
  • In Ellensburg, WA (east of the Cascade Mountains) & out tomorrow, returning August 2nd

Mark[edit]

  • Meeting day!!
    • No conflicts this time so no rescheduling, but no spare time
  • Started the security review task for MediaInfo

Ramsey[edit]

  • Back from Wikimania
  • Morning jam packed with meetings
  • figuring out Tech Conf schedule (I'm going, I guess)
  • lot of design review

Cormac[edit]

  • some catching up
  • submitted a fix to WikbaseLexeme - a patch of mine that Stas merged broke some tests
  • replying to an email about search from Matthias
  • Ramsey I need to talk to you about Harmonia Amanda's labels stuff

Matthias[edit]

  • Search prototype


2018-07-24[edit]

Matthias[edit]

  • Search prototype

Mark[edit]

  • I'm declaring Tuesday to be Get Shit Done day, so I'm going to go hole up in a café and try to be productive
  • Need to push out security and performance review tasks - properly delayed until September-ish
  • Have a 3D bug that needs checking on - will try to get my setup back (the last time I worked on 3D was on a different laptop)
  • Probably also going to do some follow-up on various administrative work

Pam[edit]

  • Working on batch uploading/editing metadata (to support campaigns)
  • Still need to send out the SDC design update
  • Tomorrow will be working at a cafe on the road (after that will be off until Aug 2nd for moving)


2018-07-23[edit]

Pam[edit]

  • Sending out the SDC update
  • Reply to Matthias' email
  • Spending time with the Roadmap
  • Nirzar's UW designs

Mark[edit]

  • That was a weekend and a half, my sleep schedule is messed up
  • Need to talk about OOUI and MediaInfo in the next meeting (?)

Ramsey[edit]

  • sitting next to Amanda at the hotel in SA
  • meetings meetings
  • conversations about possible work for us to make the Android app image caption translation work for our file captions
  • heading to the airport soon

Matthias[edit]

  • Search prototype

Amanda[edit]

  • OUUI support
  • Follow up from Wikimania


2018-07-19[edit]

Mark[edit]

  • Skipping standup and retro - have a meeting with Wikimania people about OOUI/View.js in Wikibase

Pam[edit]

  • Taking a break from the artwork scenario to take over Nirzar's depicts UW work (will be sharing next week)
  • Are we skipping retro due to Wikimania? I might as well leave the standup meet room.

Matthias[edit]

(I was too late for standup)

  • Search prototype


2018-07-18[edit]

Mark[edit]

  • Getting accustomed to the ghost town that is our meetings now
  • Meeting day!
  • Answering some questions and concerns about our plans for OOUI

Pam[edit]

  • Still poking around the Artwork scenario for depicts

Matthias[edit]

  • Search prototype

Ramsey[edit]

  • Many, many sessions talking about the things at Wikimania


2018-07-17[edit]

Pam[edit]

  • Not going to make it to today's stand up
  • Continuing to work on the artwork scenario (mainly user flows)

Matthias[edit]

  • Search prototype

Mark[edit]

  • Email backlog is uncovering more work than anticipated
  • Hopefully getting to some actual coding before meeting day. Meeting day might be less intense this week too.


2018-07-16[edit]

Pam[edit]

Mark[edit]

  • Trying not to be sick, gonna get through my backlog from over the weekend then start in on my to-do list

Matthias[edit]

  • Search prototype


2018-07-12[edit]

Cormac[edit]

  • working on search patch feedback from Stas
  • finalising organising stuff for wikimania

Mark[edit]

  • Meeting day went meetingly
  • Continuing my search through Phab and Gerrit today to find some interesting stuff to fix

Keegan[edit]

  • Sessions for WM Hackathon - I need to do this today. Plan them and make Phab tasks.
  • Meetings
  • Non-SDC stuff

Pam[edit]

  • Finishing InVision Searching Depicts designs for Wikimania today

Matthias[edit]

  • Search prototype

Ramsey[edit]

  • so many meetings yesterday
  • did some work on Q4 next year planning. may *finish* that today
  • today: George Oates presentation day!
  • today: stuff with Wikidata as product planning


2018-07-11[edit]

Keegan[edit]

Failed to leave notes yesterday. Womp.

  • Emails, lots of emails, mainly related to Wikimania/Hackathon planning and organization
  • Checking up on the workshop - didn't get much time for it yesterday
  • Meetings
  • Haircut

Mark[edit]

  • Meeeeeeting day!
  • Will be doing some exploring of Phabricator and Gerrit in between things, trying to find some little work to do
  • Oh, christ. I have conflicts with two of you. I'll be rescheduling some stuff.

Ramsey[edit]

  • Still mappin the road ahead
  • Lots of meetings
  • Planning some specific discussions to have at Wikimania

Amanda[edit]

  • temporary tattoos are really expensive :(
  • emailing team about project pages
  • emailing pilot project partners, setting up meetings for Wikimania

Pam[edit]

  • Getting ever closer to finishing the detailed wireframe flow for Searching Depicts
  • Meetings
  • Had a good meeting yesterday w/ Ramsey on the artwork scenario

Matthias[edit]

  • Search prototype

Cormac[edit]

  • 'depicts' -> 'depicts' statement expansion inception
  • getting stuff sorted for wikimania
  • doing a little bit of thinking about a bot for hackathon
  • anyone else free to do SoS?


2018-07-10[edit]

Matthias[edit]

Skipping today's standup to go see France-Belgium on big screen

    • Wooooooooooo
      • Update: Not woo :(
  • Addressed OOUI license selector feedback
  • Working on search proto

Amanda[edit]

  • Emailed Ramsey and Mark and MCR team re. MVP, file captions, and statements
  • Reveiwing Ramsey's depicts soft launch
  • Working on WMF/WMDE collaboration deck
  • Emailing team about project pages
  • Ordering temporary tattoos

Mark[edit]

  • Somehow got more emails in the past 24 hours than all of last week
    • Sorry :(
  • Wikidata meeting
  • Then, trying to orient self onto new things (more coming later this week)

Pam[edit]

  • Building out wireframes for a full flow (Searching Depicts/Other Statements)
  • Meetingful morning ahead

Ramsey[edit]

  • yesterday: ended up swamped with admin stuff (but progress was made I think)
  • today: meetings, trying to get back into roadmapping
  • also addressing tons of emails

Cormac[edit]

  • got as far as I can on the main statement traversal ticket - talked to Daniel and he says 'implement something simple that works badly, then get the community to help'
  • starting work on adding 'depicts' of 'depicts' (e.g. if something depicts the mona lisa, add the things that the mona lisa depicts to the search index)
  • tomorrow I gotta get my shit together for south africa


2018-07-09[edit]

Pam[edit]

  • Designing search box on Commons (position) - got good feedback from Nirzar & am incorporating it
  • Create a spreadsheet of qualifiers & value input method pairings to share/collaborate on with team
  • Send out SDC update re: design

Matthias[edit]

  • Search prototype
  • Adressing OOUI license picker feedback

Mark[edit]

  • Back! Will be dealing with backlog stuff today probably
  • Will miss later part of task planning for an MCR thing

Keegan[edit]

  • Check up on the workshop
  • Newsletter went out Friday, see if there's any action item from that
  • Emails
  • Start Wikimania prep

Ramsey[edit]

  • Roadmapping is almost there! Just working on Q4 next year
  • Reviewing George Oates first draft of presentation today
  • Lot of administrative work (updates, Wikimania prep, etc.)

Cormac[edit]

  • traversing those trees (and learning some sparql)

Amanda[edit]

  • today i am consumed with admin work


2018-07-05[edit]

Pam[edit]

  • Emailed Matthias updated designs for Depicts search & a design for Other Statements search
  • Will finish Other Statements Search designs today

Cormac[edit]

  • tree traversal work

Ramsey[edit]

  • Still working on roadmaps
  • Also working on some 3 to 5 year plan stuff
  • chimed in on the Property discussion before the holiday and will continue to do so as needed

Keegan[edit]

  • Did newsletter work Tuesday, Sandra was adding some GLAM stuff yesterday, so finishing that up and getting it copyedited
  • Check on the workshop - organizing some big outreach on Wikidata, pinging about a dozen different projects


2018-07-04[edit]

Cormac[edit]

  • talked to the search team about the quantity patches, Erik and David are happy enough, they'll talk more to Stas
  • doing speculative work on tree traversal


2018-07-03[edit]

Keegan (not attending)[edit]

  • New Fiscal Year's Resolution: remember to fill this out when I can't make standup
  • Working on the SDC Summer Newsletter
  • Workshop advertising on some leads I fished from Léa at WMDE and Sandra

Pam[edit]

  • Still working on basic search for other statements

Cormac[edit]

  • more feedback on quantity patches, waiting to talk to the search team tomorrow about them
  • in the meantime - I'm ACTUALLY working on the tree traversal stuff (or at least starting to feel my way around in it)

Matthias[edit]

  • Search prototype
  • Adressing OOUI license picker feedback

Ramsey[edit]

  • getting closer to the end of the road (mapping). hoping to make a lot of progress on the first half of next calendar year today
  • emails. so many emails.

Amanda[edit]

  • Review property creation discussion
  • Review Wikimania prep
  • Follow up with pilot programs


2018-07-02[edit]

Ramsey[edit]

  • Friday: spent a lot of time thinking about roadmap stuff, made progress but....
  • today: will get back to mapping the road ahead
  • I have a fair number of morning meetings to deal with today

Pam[edit]

  • Wow, Phabricator's been through a lot the past few days (ouch)
  • Out sick on Friday, catching up
  • Sketching options for searching statements other than Depicts

Keegan[edit]

  • Replying to the properties workshop
  • Non-SDC stuff

Matthias[edit]

  • Search prototype

Cormac[edit]

  • I always forget to fill this thing out!
  • working through feedback on quantity stuff from Stas, and some merge conflicts