Multimedia/Standup notes/2017/November

From MediaWiki.org
Jump to navigation Jump to search

2017-11-01[edit]

Matthias[edit]

Holiday today - no update

Chris[edit]

Pam[edit]

  • Catching up on talks from WikidataCon 2017

Ramsey[edit]

  • Following up on 3D upload tasks with Matthias - current issue affects scenario with uploading multiple files
  • Will sync up with Pam for a possible UI design tweak for the above issue
  • Will ping legal for a URL that points to the official 3D file license language on Foundation Wiki
  • Follow-up with #NEWPALMYRA for the 3D file they want to use to honor Bassel.

2017-11-02[edit]

Matthias[edit]

  • 3D UploadWizard legal thingies
  • Take a look at Cormac's SVG patch

Anthony[edit]

  • Looking at QA column to find things to do

Pam[edit]

  • Finish watching Wikidatacon lightning talks
  • Doing design team related stuff (give comments on handbook)
  • Waiting for Ramsey email about 3D flow

Ramsey[edit]

  • Chat with Kaldari re: MP3 (they may be able to take that over)
  • Responded to Matthias UW/3D/legal questions
  • Look at phabricator
  • Meetings, emails, ...

2017-11-06[edit]

Chris[edit]

Matthias[edit]

  • 3D/legal/UW patch
  • Reviewing SVG patch
  • Next: 3D patches (lightning, shadows & camera rotation issue)

Ramsey[edit]

  • SDoC: looking into request to make categories structured
  • 3D 3rd party working on Commons-compatible models - they have a few questions
  • Will miss next 2 standups

Anthony[edit]

  • Needs things to look at

Pam[edit]

  • Commons - upload stuff, search stuff

2017-11-07[edit]

Matthias[edit]

(will not be here during standup)

  • Code review & QA
  • Will work on 3D next (add top bar to patent dialog & work on shadow & camera angle for object rendering)

Ramsey[edit]

(meeting conflict, won't be attending this standup)

  • Preparing slides for presentation at Google LA next week
  • Looking into the current state of documentation for the Commons API
  • Still trying to resolve debate surrounding structured categories

2017-11-08[edit]

Matthias[edit]

  • Reviewed PD-Art patch...
  • ... which uncovered another small issue with a warning being displayed when selecting current day - fixed that
  • Added top bar with filename for patent dialog - patch is ready for review (just missing a link to legal text)

Cormac[edit]

A/V issues

Max[edit]

  • Catching up on things
    • Looks at board & backlog

Pam[edit]

  • Research Monumental (upload tool)

2017-11-09[edit]

Matthias[edit]

  • Messing around with 3D cameras - more of that tomorrow
  • Will look some more at SVG patch

Max[edit]

  • Setting up for retro

Ramsey[edit]

  • Meeting with Katherine and Product team
  • Tasks: SDoC Team is kind of battling with the idea of Structured Categories, concerned this will grow out of control
  • Google LA prezzo
  • Getting ready for 3D launch, Legal chats, Comms, CE, etc
  • Met with Anthony on QA

Pam[edit]

  • Yesterday researching Monumental, speci map UIs

Mark[edit]

  • Lo, I am returnèd
  • Today: Email backlogs, etc.
  • Hopefully get another shot at the MediaInfo patch, Daniel Kinzler gave me good insights into things

Cormac[edit]

  • Looking at PDF issue (setting up Swift to dig deeper)

2017-11-13[edit]

  • Planning meeting today!

Mark[edit]

  • All caught up, feeling good
  • Going to finish up MediaInfo patch (finally)

Matthias[edit]

  • 3D patches (patent in UW, camera rotation, default object position & shadows) awaiting review
    • Will apply these same changes to 3d2png soon, but first
  • CR SVG patch

Max[edit]

  • Planning meeting today - sorry missed a few

Ramsey[edit]

  • Google LA - fundraising presentation, image search, MP3 stuff

Pam[edit]

  • Design review of UW starting today
    • Heuristics
    • Starting evaluation

Amanda[edit]

  • Mostly non-MM work right now
  • Structured data blog post
  • HR-y work
  • Financial things
  • Community wishlist comments re: SDoC

Cormac[edit]

2017-11-14[edit]

Mark[edit]

  • MediaInfo work nearly done yesterday - have some blockers on WMDE, will ping them about it

Matthias[edit]

  • Reviewing SVG patch
    • Vagrant issues

Pam[edit]

  • <missed this>

Ramsey[edit]

  • Fundraiser presentation
  • SDoC - prepping for IRC office hours
  • Reviewing next quarter plans
  • Following up with 3D partners

Cormac[edit]

  • PDF - managed to reproduce bug with Swift

2017-11-15[edit]

Matthias[edit]

  • Merged SVG patch
  • Applied 3D changes to 3d2png as well
  • Got lots of (mostly 3D-related) patches that need review

Amanda[edit]

  • Conversation with GLAM for SDoC
  • Need help from Ramsey & Pam for user stories
  • Reviewing documents for Sandra (IRC office hours etc)
  • Dealing with restricted grant stuff
  • Needs MCR work to keep moving/get done

Cormac[edit]

  • Figured out PDF bug
  • QA
  • Trying to upload some files

Mark[edit]

  • Chatted with WMDE about FOURTH APPROACH to MediaInfo work. sigh
  • Will do some CR today and wait for WMDE resolution.

Pam[edit]

  • Design review of UW
  • Dig into inspiration for multilingual fields

Ramsey[edit]

  • Review things for MP3
  • Communication with 3rd parties to build tool for MP3
  • Did presentation
  • Discussions about SDoC & Google Image Search
  • Going through backlog
  • Will create ticket for Pam to do research into UW & integrating multilingual captions

2017-11-16[edit]

Mark[edit]

  • Did some CR yesterday in between meetingpocalypse
  • Today: ??? maybe more CR, maybe some errands in between things
  • Tomorrow: Finishing up some book-learnin' for management stuff

Matthias[edit]

  • Lot of patches got merged, yay
  • Fixed shadows in 3d2png
  • Added plural support in patent dialog patch

Ramsey[edit]

  • Done with fundraiser stuff
  • Work on Phab tickets
  • Product strategy stuff

Max[edit]

  • Nothing MM

Pam[edit]

  • UW design review

Chris[edit]

Cormac[edit]

  • Got & responded to feedback on PDF issue
  • QA'd tickets
  • Volunteer day tomorrow

2017-11-20[edit]

Mark[edit]

  • n.b. - vacation Wednesday, flying to Las Vegas (plus Thursday and Friday as usual)
  • No updates on MediaInfo
  • Will do CR then find a task to claim...

Matthias[edit]

  • Nothing

Max[edit]

  • Nothing MM
  • Dive into Phlogiston, come up with some reports
  • Backlog grooming today

Cormac[edit]

  • Submitted patches for PDF

Ramsey[edit]

  • Meetings
  • IRC office hours tomorrow at 9:00
  • Non-technical 3D stuff, working with some projects
  • Contact 3rd party about MP3 review tool
  • Monitoring community wishlist items

2017-11-21[edit]

Mark[edit]

  • Finishing up a CR run-through
  • Getting ready to leave the state tomorrow - will be AFK starting tonight and totally incommunicado tomorrow around noon SF time
  • Should be available Thursday/Friday for urgent things, just in case

Matthias[edit]

  • Checking out Wikibase

Amanda[edit]

  • SDoC IRC office hours
  • Talking to Cindy about MCR code review
  • Talking to Ramsey about making decisions for roadmap
  • Send grant report update email

Anthony[edit]

  • Going through Phab tickets
    • [?] Do we need/want a "PM signoff" column in Phab?
      • [!] Once it hits "QA", it has already been PM-approved
  • Worked out multimedia QA strategy

Ramsey[edit]

  • Meetings, lot of them
  • SDoC IRC office hours
  • Create project page for scan the world
  • Check Phab tickets

Cormac[edit]

  • Investigating missing pages for some files

2017-11-22[edit]

Cormac[edit]

  • Took a look at https://phabricator.wikimedia.org/T174757 - pretty sure it's a config issue, but I don't seem to have permissions to see how the bug reporter has configured his campaigns. Any ideas from the rest of the team?
  • Think I have taken the missing pages for files issue as far as I can - wrote it up in the comments and un-assigned it from myself
  • looked into wikibase a little, will search for a do-able bug in wikidata :)

Matthias[edit]

  • Checking out Wikibase

Ramsey[edit]

  • Working on Reading roadmap
  • Digging into Phab tickets

2017-11-23[edit]

Matthias[edit]

  • Checking out Wikibase

2017-11-27[edit]

Mark[edit]

  • Returning from vacation means lots of backlog checking!
  • Bit of CR, bit of email, bit of Phabricator
  • Few meetings today as well - check-in stuff mostly
  • Assuming all of that gets done, I can jump back in to MediaInfo/Wikibase familiarity/wandering

Chris[edit]

Cormac[edit]

  • bug fixing!
  • mostly responding to code review comments
  • more of the same tomorrow

Ramsey[edit]

  • working on triaging/addressing Phab tickets, both old and new
  • demoing 3D upload for the Monthly Product meeting
  • meeting/discussing with Amanda and Sandra about Structured Data stuff
  • will chat with relevant parties about potential blockers on MediaInfo

Matthias[edit]

  • Code review

2017-11-28[edit]

Cormac[edit]

Matthias[edit]

Mark[edit]

  • Didn't make it through my backlog yesterday - continuing
  • Then, on to prototyping/playing with Wikibase and MediaInfo stuff

Ramsey[edit]

  • Meetings!
  • Updating documentation, user stories!
  • Phab work!
  • QA!

Amanda[edit]

  • Ping about admin rights on structured labs instance
  • Meetings!
  • MW platform: CR help

2017-11-29[edit]

Matthias[edit]

  • CR
  • Filed a new ticket & provided clarification on another around bad duplicate upload handling
  • Back to Wikidata

Mark[edit]

  • Backlog: Complete
  • Today, lots of meetings and not much else...
  • Hopefully some time to play with a prototype in MediaInfo-land

Cormac[edit]

  • Trying to get shell access
  • CR

Ramsey[edit]

  • Meetings
  • Polish up SDoC & MM workboards

2017-11-30[edit]

Matthias[edit]

  • Submitted patch to increase UW upload limit for certain groups
  • Playing around with Wikidata/MediaInfo

Mark[edit]

  • Meetings sapped most of yesterday
  • Today: Actually working on MediaInfo stuff to some extent
  • Tomorrow: Finishing some management reading

Cormac[edit]

  • Local duplicate thing that Matthias raised

Ramsey[edit]

  • Linked up with Grace & Amanda about RACI/DACI to create chart about roles
  • Continued Phabricator cleanup
  • Done 3D testing, will give some feedback
  • Catch up with Pam
  • MP3 update: Kaldari's handling it - should be coming soon

Max[edit]

  • No updates

Amanda[edit]

  • Talking with advancement & fincance about grant reports & financial projections
  • Helping Ann with cross-departmental program review & improvement for next annual planning cycle

Pam[edit]

  • Catch up on email
  • Arrange to see 3D demo