Multimedia/Standup notes/2017/July

From MediaWiki.org
Jump to navigation Jump to search

2017-07-05[edit]

Matthias[edit]

  • Add mediastatistics-header-3d i18n msg
  • Swap Special:NewFiles from/to date serverside
  • Testing multimedia-related thingies with jQuery 3

Mark[edit]

  • Code review
  • Weird internet problems today but I should be able to make it work

2017-07-06[edit]

Mark[edit]

  • CR
  • Internet working now

Matthias[edit]

  • Rebasing/fixing UW patch to use core chunkedUpload

2017-07-10[edit]

Chris[edit]

Mark[edit]

  • Lots of CR done last week
  • Good triage meeting this morning
  • Today: Looking into audio/video labelling for webm files
  • Anything for SoS this week?

Matthias[edit]

  • Test use of core's chunked upload in UW
  • Find use of things deprecated in jQuery 3

2017-07-11[edit]

Mark[edit]

  • Worked on audio/webm detection yesterday...sigh hacks, but brion is reviewing
  • Today...probably need to take a third or fourth look at the 3d thumbnails on beta.
  • My availability is weird these days because of moving dramah, JFYI

Matthias[edit]

  • fixed some places where deprecated jQ3 or ooui code was used
  • fixed problem with small uploads in upload dialog that was about to go out
  • removing some tests in core that depend on timedmediahandler code

2017-07-12[edit]

Matthias[edit]

  • removed core test code that depends on timedmediahandler code

Mark[edit]

  • Yesterday: Beta thumbnail investigation very confounding, will redouble efforts today
  • Still in the throes of moving errands

Adam[edit]

  • Returned from vacation
  • Today meeting with Amanda and Nirzar about designer hire

2017-07-13[edit]

Mark[edit]

Matthias[edit]

  • Updated patch for TMH tests in core
  • Next: Anonymous stashed upload failures in special:upload

Adam[edit]

  • Plan to work all day on design on Monday
  • Starting to wonder what the structured data roadmap looks like for this quarter (for us)

2017-07-17[edit]

Mark[edit]

  • Design meeting today
  • Will follow-up with Tyler re: beta 3D thumbnails, see if he has thoughts.

Adam[edit]

  • Met with Sandra
  • Will be in and out of design meeting

Chris[edit]

  • Draft wikilegal notice to review

Anthony[edit]

  • Just checking in!
  • May have time for MM this week

2017-07-18[edit]

Matthias[edit]

Skipping this standup to be ready for the interview

  • Added "3D" badge
  • Added "view" and "download" buttons to 3D images
  • Q: What do we want the raster image to do when clicked? Nothing, open in MMV, or download?
  • Re-enable panning

Mark[edit]

  • Changed material in 3D renderings - needs CR - two patches (one for extension, one for 3d2png)
  • Beta discussion seems to have drawn some attention, hopefully will get answers soon

2017-07-19[edit]

Mark[edit]

  • Gilles will walk me through 3D support in Thumbor today
  • Dan has some further questions about Zero abuse that I need to answer
  • Interviews
  • If I'm lucky I'll get some CR in in between.

Matthias[edit]

  • Interviews
  • Answered a Flow data/storage question
  • Polishing 3D badge & view/download controls
  • Gone through a few old mails, phab tasks & rebased some patches

Adam[edit]

  • As mentioned, didn't feel confident about rotation stuff outside of ImageTweaks
  • Release scheduling meeting pushed back...will poke Zhou on Wikilegal stuff
  • Mark, if you need help with Zero work, meet in person.

2017-07-24[edit]

Mark[edit]

  • Continuing work on Thumbor support for 3d2png today, unsure how long it will take to get working
  • Also today: Meetings!
  • Out next week for impromptu vacation.

Adam[edit]

  • Tasks on list re: partnerships for OBJ and other stuff
  • Legal thread about licensing/patents, hopefully can post this week
  • Triage this morning (ping Anthony)
  • Testing matrix?

Amanda[edit]

  • Hard pass

Max[edit]

  • Watching y'all work
  • Yesterday: GoT, very important stuff, no spoilers
  • Blocked? Nah
  • SD offsite activities
  • Catching up on e-mails and stuff

Anthony[edit]

  • Check-in, haven't done much work on 3D recently
  • Sorry, a bit behind on email, but what came out of design work session?

2017-07-25[edit]

Mark[edit]

  • Didn't make much progress yesterday, will charge back into Thumbor work today.
  • Will deal with pgsql changes for STL files
  • Wondering where our hiring stuff is at

Adam[edit]

  • Try to get PM to the offsite???
  • Got pinged re: pgsql on Phab
  • Wikilegal discussion continuing...hopefully done in the next few days

Amanda[edit]

  • PM stuff - should have an answer soon
  • Yesterday: Wikimania goals (if you're going to WM)
  • Today: Logic model for the program
  • Not blocked

Max[edit]

  • Yesterday: SDOC offsite work
  • Today: More, plus meeting with Seddon

2017-07-26[edit]

Mark[edit]

  • DB patch for non-mysql backends almost ready...forgot how terrible sqlite can be
  • Will jump back into Thumbor stuff after that but I am now slightly less confident I will finish this week
  • I asked travel about the offsite employer letter, but I'll ask here too: Do we need a different one?
    • Adam: Yes, email me, I'll set you up

Chris[edit]

Adam[edit]

  • Re-read wikilegal post, pretty much happy with it
  • Phabricator updates
  • MP3: Read draft, seems fine

2017-07-27[edit]

Mark[edit]

  • DB patch seems to be ready to go
  • Today...back to Thumbor if I can get Vagrant to work at all

Amanda[edit]

  • Yesterday: Offsite stuff, worked with Jonathan on research needs, no work on logic models
  • Today: Work with Nirzar on design things
  • Moving!

Adam[edit]

  • Wikilegal is coming/has come

Max[edit]

  • Yesterday: SDoC Offsite discussions/starting finalization
  • Today: Meeting with TPGuild and Arthur