Jump to navigation Jump to search
- This week: Wikimania begins on Wednesday
- Next week: Offsite!
- Back from a week of...let's call it "vacation"
- 3d2png support in Thumbor is...I guess you could say progressing?
- STL files are useless, can't reliably detect them
- There are issues because we have to test Swift and normal service
- My Vagrant instance is still dead so I can't test anything anyway
- At least gilles is back from vacation too, so I can have some support for it now
- Dan emailed me about video uploads from Zero partners...some modifications but he'll post a discussion about it soon.
- Offsite prep
- Backlog grooming!
- Blockers: Herald rules?
- Update calendar invitations so it's modifiable? (Mark: Done)
- Will be at Wikimania, SDoC offsite
- Talk to Lydia before hackathon - who else is going?
- Blocked: Travel...not from here
- Will post MP3 discussion post-Wikimania
- Will post 3D discussion post-Wikimania
- Where are the notes for last week's standups? (did they happen?)
- Adam: I think there was one?
- STL support for Thumbor...nearly there.
- Anything specific for Scrum of Scrums?
- Apparently not
- Interacted on QA bugs with Anthony
- Meetings yesterday for 3D
- Patent UI thing...
- Mark: 3-4 different implementations, including CSS/JS/PHP and i18n lag (unavoidable)
- Adam: Maybe start on the design parts now with Nirzar so we can front-load the i18n when we have it.
- Smithsonian input yesterday on 3D
- Web backlog stuff today
- Offsite planning tomorrow
- Discovered special account for batch changes that ignore email and IRC: https://phabricator.wikimedia.org/p/Phabricator_maintenance/
- Needs QA on MM boards
- Download bug, image file sizes don't match, probably a minor adjustment
- 3D objects across multiple browsers
- 3D/Thumbor work nearly done! We can deploy it next week (I think Matthias knows how), and then push it out
- Everything set for offsite travel!
- Standup/1-on-1 mixed together...
- 3D stuff ready to go once ops merges some things and we have our things deployed.
- Today: Travel prep? Phabricator hunting? Who knows
- Archived old Herald rule
- Y'day: Web team
- Today: Preparing for travel
- Feeling good to be home!
- Should start working on 3D deploy to testwiki today
- Wikimania last week, not a lot to report
- Posted to Commons regarding MP3s. Currenlty 4 to ~2 to just enable.
- Posted to Commons regarding wiki legals 3D concners
- 1k things to do
- RACI chart
- Wikimania/offsite update email for FDC
- Ugh Macs
- Getting caught up
- 3D deploy talk later!
- Laptop crashing periodically
- 3D MMV integration problems
- Spent some time messing around with 3D
- Started test plan/cases
- Most stuff seems to be working (and working well)
- Will test on Windows today
- Fixed repetitive opening of STL files via eye icon
- Dug up instructions to cherrypick 3d2png to beta
- Cherrypick to beta after this
- Reading SDC docs
- Catching up on email
- SDoC followup
- 3d2png deploy babysitting
- Looked at campaign caching issue, didn't seem too fragile, will followup today quickly but I don't see any urgency to it now
- Did some surveys, maybe will do some expenses today
- Onboarding, IRC, mailing lists, officewiki, all very excite
- Emailed with Zhou/Nirzar about some legal things
- cherrypick 3d2png to beta (not done)
- Helping with 3d2png stuff
- Cormac onboarding (continuing tomorrow)
- Documentation reading!
- Gerrit chat
- Ramsey/Cormac onboarding
- Ramsey will start Soon™, don't know how soon I'll taper off
- Reading SDC docs
- What's our status on 3D?
- Cormac onboarding still
- Vagrant work...slowly
- Reading up on Gerrit stuff
- Tomorrow: Hopefully Vagrant works and can start working on things
- I wish we had MP3s so we could record spoken Wikipedia...
- a few responses to 3D legal discussion. Not much to act on :(
- MP3 conversation is healthy
- Looking at File::transform thumb size issues
- Need review of https://gerrit.wikimedia.org/r/#/c/373595/
- Meetings, meetings, meetings
- In between...onboarding help, maybe 3d2png stuff
- Onboarding docs
- Vagrant up & running
- Poking around first bug
- Legal stuff (no notes)
- Work on taking offsite notes and turning them into actionable things
- 1-pager for Toby to get to execs
- Working on offsite follow-up
- Non multimedia related stuff
- I believe the Phabricator page at https://phabricator.wikimedia.org/project/manage/48/ is accurate
- It could be duplicated in some form at https://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Reading/Component_responsibility
- 3d2png to beta; updated 3d2png on deployment-imagescaler01; general thumbs issue
- QA last week - testing diff browsers (no diff between browsers)
- 2 tickets in "needs QA", both stalled on thumbnailing issue
- Reading things, contacting people
- Not a lot of multimedia
- Last retro on SDC offsite
- Might get to Cormac's onboarding docs
- Prepped everything for product leads meeting (for defining SDC MVP)
- Working on 1-pager for execs
- Talk to Max for Phab/scrummaster/thingies
- Not much done recently, will be back to trawling through Phabricator tasks for something to do.
- Reading about readers
- Spoke with Sam Smith - learning things!
- Still working with Vagrant
- Will come to meetings less - soon
- Mocks for weaponry/licensing
- File some tasks
- Coming up with document asking what first feature should be & send around for brainstorming
- Send update on Wikimania & offsite to SDC group
- Changed Special:NewFiles mediatype element to checkbox
- Rebased patches
- File::transform thumb resize issues
Chris (who is not here)
- MP3 discusson on Commons has grown substantial in the last few days
- File::transform thumb resize issues - link?
- Didn't find anything to work on yesterday, hopefully today will be better
- Working through SDC feature thoughts
- Met Ramsey and talked a little
- Waiting on mockup from Nirzar on patent language for 3d
- Met Cormac and talked a little