Mobile QA/DeviceType Changes
Help testing our last UI performance improvements. All mobile devices are welcome!
Improving desktop and mobile performance
We made some changes to how we handle different types of mobile devices. These changes should help improve site performance for all viewers, desktop and especially mobile.
We would like to make sure that these changes have not had a negative impact. We need people with all devices, but especially devices on the list below to help us test this week on http://m.mediawiki.org.
The other mobile browsers
We welcome testing on any desktop or mobile platform, but we really welcome feedback from users of mobile OS other than Android, iOS and Windows Phone, for instance:
- Opera Mini versions prior to 7
- Opera Mobile (the older the better)
- Nokia Symbian based phones (Series60) e.g. N95
- Any device that isn't touch enabled
- Palm devices
- Blackberry v6 and less
Useful test cases
The basic use case is to browse naturally through http://m.mediawiki.org but here you have also a selection of complex pages to test with:
- Test Cases
- Scroll to the heading through headings and see if they are collapsed? YES/NO
- Read this section. Can you read it? YES/NO
- Click a link. Can you navigate to the page? YES/NO
- Click on the button in the top left corner - can you access the menu? YES/NO
Please check and see if the issue(s) exists on en.m.wikipedia.org and if it does, point your device to http://staging.wmflabs.org/ua.php. This will capture your device information for us. Write down the ID that page displays and let us know that ID and what issue(s) you're seeing via one of the ways: