Meza/Install on Wikimedia Cloud VPS instance
These instructions cover installing Meza on a Wikimedia Cloud VPS instance.
Preparing the Cloud VPS instance
First, you will need a Cloud VPS project. You can request one by creating a Phabricator ticket. Or, you can request administrative access to an existing project from a project owner.
Then, follow these instructions:
- Log in to https://horizon.wikimedia.org using a Wikimedia developer account.
- Create an instance. Ideally you should select the m1.medium flavor or larger.
- Create a web proxy. Use 8080 for the "Backend port".
- Add a rule to the default security group giving access to port 8080. The only field that you need to fill in on the dialog box is the port (8080). Don't follow all the steps in the linked instructions - just add port 8080.
- Configure your shell to be able to ssh into the instance.
- Install ansible
ssh into your Cloud VPS instance and do the following:
sudo git clone https://github.com/enterprisemediawiki/meza /opt/meza cd /opt/meza sudo git checkout 32.x # This will no be necessary once this branch is merged into master sudo bash /opt/meza/src/scripts/getmeza.sh
Set up Meza
sudo meza setup env monolith
When prompted to enter the domain or IP address you'll use to get to your wiki, enter <hostname>.wmflabs.org, where <hostname> is the hostname of your Cloud VPS instance.
Edit hosts file:
sudo vim /opt/conf-meza/secret/monolith/hosts
And change the load balancer section to be:
[load-balancers] [load-balancers-nonmeza-external] 10.68.21.68 10.68.21.69 [load-balancers-meza-internal] localhost
Deploy Meza monolith
sudo meza deploy monolith
This will setup a demo wiki with the user
Admin with password
adminpass. For production environments, update this password (go to "preferences" when logged into your wiki as this user) or remove this user.
- Firewall too restrictive
sudo ufw allow proto tcp from 172.16.0.0/16 to 0.0.0.0/0 port 8080