|This page is obsolete. It is kept for historical interest only. It may document extensions or features that are obsolete and/or no longer supported. Do not rely on the information here being up-to-date.|
WMF's Developer Relations wants to engage with established tech friendly groups to work with us on testing, documentation, development, design... Many of these activities can be also performed by non-developers and actually by pure tech-curious novices.
Think of developer groups, but think also about Wikipedia meetups, college students of any kind, tech clubs, social or cultural organizations... We also want to explore beyond the usual suspects: what about those having a harder time because of their abilities, age, gender, language, or cultural, ethnic, or economic background?
If you are interested, contact us through the Discussion page or contacting Quim Gil directly.
- How to contribute: landing page for all new contributors.
- New Developers: software projects that welcome new contributors.
- Annoying little bugs: Candidates for a first small task (without mentoring)
- Possible projects: curated list of ideas for bigger projects.
- Mentors volunteering to help contributors.
- Category:New contributors: collection of pages recommended to new contributors.
|OpenHatch||USA / online||Asheesh Laroia||2013-02-27 meeting notes, 2012-06-09 Article Feedback testing||2013-02-27|
|SocialCoding4Good||USA||Celine Takatsuno||Ramping up.||2013-05-14|
|Girls Who Code||USA||Dana Ledyard||Possibilities for 2014.||2013-09-19|
- Code2040 - US based. Specific focus on Blacks and Latino/as.