If you're not sure what channel to use, or where to ask a question, ask at #mediawiki. If you're in the wrong place, someone will direct you to the best place to ask your question.
It's okay to "lurk" (hang around and listen without talking), and sometimes you won't get an answer immediately. This explanation tells you a little more about how to use IRC channels to talk about open source.
Before using #mediawiki for help:
- Make sure you have read the FAQ and have looked at Project:帮助.
- Check that this is the best method of communication for your particular problem.
- Search MediaWiki.org, Meta-Wiki and an Internet search engine for a solution to your problem.
- Make sure you are familiar with IRC etiquette.
- Don't ask if you can ask a question - just ask it!
#mediawikiIRC（互联网中继聊天服务）频道（位于freenode.net）is the best form of real-time communication for discussion of or questions about the MediaWiki software. You will often find developers or other knowledgeable users who will be happy to answer any technical questions you may have. 您可以在您的浏览器中添加此链接以连接到频道。
Updates from many of the repositories are posted (and sometimes discussed) here, thanks to the "wikibugs" bot.
Don't worry too much about choosing the right channel. If you're not sure, just use #mediawiki.
- Comparison of IRC clients - If you do not have an IRC client installed, then this list should help you find one.
- List of IRC commands - An overview of available IRC commands.