MediaWiki Stakeholders' Group/Tasks/Monitoring
This is a list of issues we need to pay attention to in the MediaWiki_1.24.
- Important: Skin autodiscovery is disabled.
- jQuery update
- Support for IE6 has been removed
Development topics that need 3rd party's attention
This is a list of issues we need to pay attention to in the engineering goals. This is very initial, contributions are very welcome!
- Top Prio
- Migrate to HHVM: Impact on 3rd party users?
- Phabricator: How can extension devs use this?
- ContentTranslation: Availability for 3rd parties? Migration path necessary?
- Search: lsearchd? Architecture?
- Category intersection: External tool?
- Release and QA
- Acceptance test suite available for MW1.24: can ext devs use this?
- UX and doc debt in mw.o -> can we help?
- Upload wizard: is this versioned?
- MediaViewer: How can external users use this?
- Editor Engagement
- Flow: when is this versioned?
- VE as a stable extension?
- HTML Templating service - Impact?
- Storage Service - Impact?
Sometimes deprecations are used as a way to shift the burden of coordination work on someone else's shoulders: phabricator:T127233#2269563.