Manual talk:Upgrading to 1.14
What is not clear from the documentation is what exactly should be in the AdminSettings.php file. I am currently running 1.13 and there is only AdminSettings.sample file.
In LocalSettings.php I have set the DB user: $wgDBuser = "db60728_zzzz"; $wgDBpassword = "mypassword";
Should the AdminSettings.php use the same data for
$wgDBadminuser and $wgDBadminpassword ??
Also, if I am able to run MediaWiki w/o AdminSettings.php, is it necessary for the upgrade?
- All maintenance scripts use AdminSettings.php for database user information. It is recommended that the user you specify is the root user or a user with the ability to create and modify tables (which your normal db user in LocalSettings normally wouldn't be able to do) --Skizzerz 22:52, 25 February 2009 (UTC)
- Thanks. What I discovered is that you can upgrade using the web-based installation, and thus there is no need to create AdminSettings.php. --Jim Sowers
Hello, I am trying to upgrade from 1.11 to 1.14 and I've run into an error. Following the upgrade instructions (the main article for this talk), I input the following on the command line:
- $ php update.php --aconf ../AdminSettings.php
I get the following error:
- "PHP Fatal error: Call to a member function addGroup() on a non-object in /path-to-my-mediawiki/maintenance/deleteDefaultMessages.php on line 22"
Line 22 seems to be:
- $wgUser->addGroup( 'bot' );
I am not sure what to do next. Any ideas? Thanks!
Update: Never mind, I commented out that line and the update progressed without hitch.
- Note in future it is better to direct such questions to Project:Support desk --Dr DBW | talk 22:14, 9 March 2009 (UTC)
Uploads no longer work ?!
I updated using the first method and all went well.
Browsing around the wiki, adding or editing is no problem.
The issue I have is that I cannot upload anything. once I submit an image I just get a white screen.
--Masterkeedu 20:15, 22 April 2009 (UTC)
Raw MySQL Queries
Due to my setup I'll need to run the queries via a custom script (custom wiki farm). Is there any way the queries can be listed here? --Tekmosis 20:53, 11 May 2009 (UTC)