Manual talk:Text table
Can someone explain how this links with page?
- There really was not much of a word here. I added an extensive description. --22.214.171.124 13:47, 30 January 2012 (UTC)
OK to delete row when already deleted corresponding revision?
Hello, some spammers made my text table explode, I've got now many rows with 2 MB. I have deleted the corresponding revisions with deleting the page and restoring only spam-free revisions (as described on Manual:Administrators#Deletion. But in the text table, the spam rows are still there. Is it OK to delete them? --Jorges 17:09, 27 September 2008 (UTC)
- You might want to have a look at the deleteArchivedRevisions.php maintenance script. This permanently removes entries of all deleted pages, also the page text. If you only want to remove entries of some selected deleted pages, then use the maintenance script nukePage.php. --126.96.36.199 23:37, 15 August 2013 (UTC)
Revisions or versions
The sentence says The text table holds the wikitext of individual page revisions. Could it better say The text table holds the wikitext of individual page versions? Plural revisions implies past revisions, whereas plural versions implicates the current revision as well.
But please, most importantly, Does one text table hold both current and past wikitext? I'm used to hearing, as is written here, that the revisions database is a different entity than a the database. But here it sounds like both page (table) and revisions link to one text, so that in reality a wiki is just one database. Cpiral (talk) 19:37, 7 April 2013 (UTC)
- Hi there!
- The DB table revision contains the meta data for each of them - including the current revisions; so speaking of revisions in that context is just fine. In fact, for the tables revision and text, it does not matter at all, whether a revision is the current one or not. The difference is that the table page points to current revisions, while it does not point to old ones. But in the tables text and revision they are all stored the same way.
- And yes, the table "text" contains the text of each and every revision; current and past. The only exception are deleted revisions; those reside in the archive table.
- revision, page and text are no databases; they are different tables usually within the same database. And yes, the former two are linking to one row of the latter. --188.8.131.52 23:31, 15 August 2013 (UTC)
Is there any data deduplication in this table?
User:Shirayuki, fields are supposed to go before the schema summary
2601:5CD:C200:9BE0:71E3:A49A:E4B9:CF63 17:04, 1 April 2020 (UTC)
The volume of the _text table increases abnormally
I use all the scripts allowing me to optimize the weight of the database.
Despite everything, the volume of the _text table increases abnormally.
It would be absolutely necessary to propose a solution, to clean the table _text properly, and, to allow to keep only the last global version of the page.