Manual talk:Skin configuration
Removing a skin and removing tabs for the user are already covered
Removing a skin and removing tabs for the user are already covered. Also how to substitute the default monobook skin. But adding a new skin has to be deduced from m:Skins since also there one finds instructions on how to remove skins. It would be useful if a section Adding Skins was included in this page. I do not know enough yet and that's why I do not add it myself. Felipe :) --18.104.22.168 19:09, 26 July 2008 (UTC)
- See Manual:Skinning for how to create a skin. That page is also not as clear as it could be, but the basic idea is that you can copy the files for Monobook to some other name, and then edit to your liking. That's what I've done, and it works. --Eric Myers 22:51, 27 July 2008 (UTC)
Trying... Trying... And Trying...
But it won't work... Can someone help me and describe step by step how to change the default skin for all users? Is there maybe an other way to do it? Thanks in advance. 22.214.171.124 03:33, 22 January 2009 (UTC)
- That doesn't change it for the existing users...
- -126.96.36.199 14:21, 22 January 2009 (UTC)
- Not the OP here, but I could use help with this error:
bash-3.1$ php userOptions.php skin --old "monobook" --new "modern" Parse error: syntax error, unexpected T_STRING, expecting T_OLD_FUNCTION or T_FUNCTION or T_VAR or '}' in /home/monakhos/onesci.com/w/wix/maintenance/userOptions.inc on line 17 bash-3.1$
Thanks for any advice Monakhos 00:23, 31 October 2009 (UTC)
- Because you're on DreamHost, you need to use their PHP5 binary, which is at /usr/local/php5/bin/php. —Emufarmers(T|C) 00:38, 31 October 2009 (UTC)
- Perfect, worked like a charm using this command -
/usr/local/php5/bin/php userOptions.php skin --old "monobook" --new "modern"
Niubrad 00:51, 31 October 2009 (UTC)
Vector skin and MediaWiki:Content_actions
If use vector skin, then my MediaWiki:Content_actions modification not work.
* ARTICLE * DISCUSSION * EDIT * NEWSECTION * HISTORY * DELETE * MOVE * PROTECT * WATCH * /mediawiki/index.php/Special:myExt | My extension Action
--Mkepler 09:26, 30 July 2010 (UTC)
I would like to write with spaces (like i post on row 1 and then row 2) but not that the row 2 parts jump up at row 1 is that possible?
sorry for my english // Ayaka
The only site-wide modifications mentioned in this article are those to MediaWiki:Common.css. Apparently then, there's no equivalent MW page specifically for the css of a custom skin such as vector or monobook. That's certainly true in my case, since changes to MediaWiki:Vector.css have no effect whatsoever, but I've seen other wikis, including Wikipedia, which do have a modified working version of MediaWiki:Vector.css. Am I missing something here? Cavila MW 1.17, MySQL 5.1.57, Php 5.2.17 11:32, 15 August 2011 (UTC)