- MediaWiki 1.16.0 (r78352)
- PHP 5.3.2-1ubuntu4.10 (apache2handler)
- MySQL 5.1.41-3ubuntu12.8
here is what this script lists when ran:
Line 204 of localsettings:
Deleted the line in localsettings, then ran it again:
Line in mcrypt:
Deleted the line in mcrypt: # configuration for php MCrypt module
- php removeUnusedAccounts.php --delete
- Remove unused accounts
- Checking for unused user accounts...
- ...found 0.
- Hi there!
- You should try an update to a current version of MediaWiki - 1.16 is no longer supported and has known security holes.
- For me the script works as expected: Correct numbers and also deleting accounts works. Note that the script only considers those accounts, which never had any log entries. That means: Even if you deleted the only spam page, which was created by a user, this user will not be considered unused anymore; it is not enough to only remove the spam revisions, you actually have to delete them from the database completely (e.g. with the deleteArchivedRevisions.php script). --126.96.36.199 00:27, 15 August 2013 (UTC)
Using Array to get user list
Just a note that using an array to get all users prior to deleting them is not a good method. I have over 300,000 spam users I am trying to remove and my server is a small (amazon ec2 micro) server. So PHP is eating all the cpu and mem. It would be better to do them in batches at least.