user:Yuvipanda, at previously discussed, here is the first chunk of a walk through using PAWS. Once these very basic commands work, I should be able to construct a more detailed walk though covering most of the functionality needed for CGI type tasks. John Vandenberg (talk) 22:38, 3 December 2015 (UTC)
- I've verified that this works, see https://test.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=Test&diff=prev&oldid=253311 YuviPanda (talk) 23:49, 3 December 2015 (UTC)
- The one issue was I got a fairly fun 'account does not exist on testwiki' error since I hadn't visited testwiki with my test account even once. Stacktrace at https://phabricator.wikimedia.org/P2372 YuviPanda (talk) 23:51, 3 December 2015 (UTC)
Internal server error
It doesn't seem to matter which computer, which browser or which account I use (I made a new account since my other one was from years ago), every time I click "start server" I always get the following error:
500 : Internal Server Error
Failed to start your server. Please contact admin.
I did visit test wiki and everything so I don't know why this is happening. It's very annoying.
503: Proxy Target Missing The upstream service is unavailable configurable-http-proxy
- I have tried now, and it seems to be working ok for me. Maybe someone has restarted the service already.. John Vandenberg (talk) 01:11, 2 May 2016 (UTC)
Unable to login for my bot account - 404 : Not Found
I can able to use PAWS for my main account(User:Info-farmer)-(example) but unable to login for my bot account(Info-farmerBot). When i click Start my server(green), 404 : Not Found error coming.(You are requesting a page that does not exist!) I tried many times.
- i Checked at Manage connected applications.
- i clear my firefox/google chrome browser cookies
Cannot start server (error 500) again
@John Vandenberg, YuviPanda, and Legoktm: I tried to sign up to PAWS but unfortunately got the error 500 (cannot start server) again. Can one of you look into this and see if PAWS needs rebooting / other kinds of fixing? Deryck C.Meta 10:43, 28 September 2017 (UTC)
Unable to login to te.wikisource using PAWS terminal
I got the following error.
File "/srv/paws/lib/python3.6/site-packages/requests/adapters.py", line 508, in send raise ConnectionError(e, request=request)
requests.exceptions.ConnectionError: HTTPSConnectionPool(host='te.wikisource.org', port=443): Max retries exceeded with url: /w/api .php (Caused by NewConnectionError('<urllib3.connection.VerifiedHTTPSConnection object at 0x7fa473fdfeb8>: Failed to establish a ne w connection: [Errno -3] Temporary failure in name resolution',))
Unable to start server
Every time I try to start my server I got the following message, is there any body who can look into the matter, it would be a great help.
500 : Internal Server Error Failed to start your server. Please contact admin.
Internal Server Error: Redirect loop detected
I also get an Internal Server Error message every time I try Start My Server:
500 : Internal Server Error Redirect loop detected.
Detached mode / Automation
- Unfortunately, not at the time. I do plan to launch an extension to jupyterhub to allow just that (setup cronjob on PAWS), but I cannot give a timeline for it.
- PAWS only kills your server if it is not pinged by a browser session for over one hour, so your script will have to be over one hour in execution to be affected. I also plan to configure it in a way to allow all running kernels and terminals to finish before killing, but that is not simple and I cannot give a timeline for my volunteer time on this. Chico Venancio (talk) 23:51, 31 March 2019 (UTC)