Manual talk:$wgUseGzip

From MediaWiki.org
Jump to navigation Jump to search

eAccelerator, wgUseGzip, wgUseFileCache don't work together[edit]

It appears that using all three of these systems together (eAccelerator, wgUseGzip, wgUseFileCache) causes Mediawiki to output garbage html. I found that by disabling any one of them, all is well. I suppose it would make sense to disable wgUseFileCache if eAccelerator is running --Gadlen 10:45, 9 August 2008 (UTC)

I have MW 1.13.x without eAccelerator and I get garbage. So compressed file caching is not possible until this is fixed? --41.145.85.54 13:27, 18 March 2009 (UTC)

I can confirm this for APC + $wgUseGzip + $wgUseFileCache. I also disabled the File cache. Maybe someone with more clue than me could leave a note. --Subfader 23:45, 13 March 2010 (UTC)
Noticed another bug. Since I used $wgUseGzip certain page elements failed to load randomly (but often after page edit / submit actions):
  • The sidebar was not loaded properly (the default layout is loaded).
  • Page elements from the MediaWiki namespace didn't load at all, e.g. the CharInsert tools and apperead as <CharInsert> in plain text instead. Same for stuff loaded by Extension:HeaderFooter.
Since I don't know exactly what causes these errors I disabled $wgUseGzip. But I bet it's the usage of with APC again (which I won't disable). I added a bug report here. --Subfader 16:32, 1 May 2010 (UTC)