No counter command
Revoke does not have an UNrevoke or GRANT command to counter it. When using RevokePermissions there does not seem to be a way to UNrevoke permissions. For example:
- I use $wgRevokePermissions['*']['edit'] = true; which results in ALL users not being able to edit. Good. I wanted this.
- Now I use $wgRevokePermissions['emailconfirmed']['edit'] = false; to grant edit to emailconfirmed users. This does work but I didn't really expect it to.
- So now I try $wgGroupPermissions['emailconfirmed']['edit'] = true;. This also does not work.
- So then I use BOTH statements but this also does not work.
I cannot grant any basic user group the edit right once I Revoke it. So unless I'm missing something be careful what you Revoke. ~ 03:52, 26 March 2011 (UTC)
- Please use $wgGroupPermissions['*']['edit'] = false; & $wgGroupPermissions['emailconfirmed']['edit'] = true; and not to use this setting. --HW 03:55, 26 March 2011 (UTC)
- I am using $wgGroupPermissions extensively. My point here is twofold. State that there is an issue with the command. Warn others what can happen when they use the command. Revoke is mentioned in several places so people (like me) are going to consider using it. Revoke also affects the special page Special:ListGroupRights in a way that $wgGroupPermissions does not but should. ~ 04:14, 26 March 2011 (UTC)