sendBulkEmails.php is a MediaWiki maintenance script found in WikimediaMaintenance. It can be used to send an email to given list of Users. The maintenance script will send emails using User::sendMail. Bounce tracking will be automatically taken care of by BounceHandler if installed for the wiki.
- Read message body from a file
- Read recipients from a file, one per line
- Only send to accounts with confirmed email addresses
- Only send to accounts that have not opted out of email contact from other users
- Optional: check users against an opt-out list maintained on-wiki
- Optional: set a From: address based on a User's account
- Optional: set a Reply-To: address based on a User's account
- Track bounces and unconfirm user emails if needed when BounceHandler is installed
- List of users to email, one per line (file)
- Email subject (string)
- Email body (file).
- Email sender (username). Optional.
- wikipage containing list of users to exclude from contact (title). Optional.
- Reply-To address (username). Optional.
- Time to wait between emails (seconds). Default is 5 seconds.
- Do not send emails.
$ mwscript extensions/WikimediaMaintenance/sendBulkEmails.php --wiki=labswiki \ --subject "This is the email subject" \ --body "/path/to/file/containing/body.txt" \ --from "UserSendingTheEmail" \ --to "/path/to/file/containing/users.txt" \ --reply-to "UserReceivingReplies" \ --optout "Title_of_Opt-out_page"