|This page is documentation for Pywikipedia Compat, which is no longer supported. This page is kept for historical interest. It may document scripts and features that are obsolete and/or no longer supported. Do not rely on the information here being up-to-date.|
Copyright.py is a script of the Pywikipedia bot framework that checks copyright text in Google, Yahoo! and Live Search.
Google search requires to install the pyGoogle module from http://pygoogle.sf.net and get a Google API license key from http://code.google.com/apis/soapsearch/ (but since December 2006 Google is no longer issuing new SOAP API keys).
Yahoo! search requires pYsearch module from http://pysearch.sourceforge.net (Debian and Ubuntu package this as python-pysearch or python-yahoo, depending on your version) and a Yahoo AppID from http://developer.yahoo.com. (For Wikimedia projects, a Yahoo! BOSS key exists.)
Before use the script you have to add to user-config.py one or more search engine keys. For example:
yahoo_appid = 'Key' msn_appid = 'Key'
- Use Google search engine
- Do not use Google
- Use Yahoo! search engine
- Do not use Yahoo!
- Stop after a specified number of queries for page (default: 25)
- Check only the new pages
- Use this option to enable the output
- Append results to a specified file (default: 'copyright/output.txt')
- Work on all pages given in a local text file. Will read any wiki link and use these articles. Argument can also be given as "-file:filename".
- Work on all pages which are in a specific category. Argument can also be given as "-cat:categoryname".
- When the pages to work on have been chosen by -cat, pages in subcategories of the selected category are also included. When -cat has not been selected, this has no effect.
- Only check a specific page. Argument can also be given as "-page:pagetitle". You can give this parameter multiple times to check multiple pages.
- Work on all pages that link to a certain page. Argument can also be given as "-ref:referredpagetitle".
- Works on all pages that link to a certain image. Argument can also be given as "-filelinks:ImageName".
- Work on all pages that are linked to from a certain page. Argument can also be given as "-links:linkingpagetitle".
- Work on all pages in the wiki, starting at a given page.
- Number of namespace to process. The parameter can be used multiple times.
If you want to check first 50 new articles then use this command:
python copyright.py -new:50
If you want to check a category with no limit for number of queries to request, use this:
python copyright.py -cat:"Wikipedia featured articles" -maxquery:0