This MediaWiki installation guide provides instructions on how to manually install and configure MediaWiki on a web server. There are easier alternatives to this, see Alternatives to manual installation below.
The first part of this guide gives general instructions, while the last section contains a list of appendices that give more detailed installation notes for specific system configurations and other less common uses of the software.
Upgrade guide[edit | edit source]
If you are already running MediaWiki, see the Upgrade guide.
Summary[edit | edit source]
|Wymagania w skrócie|
For experienced users, here is the quick version of the installation instructions. Most users will want to go through all the passages.
- Check that your system meets the minimum requirements shown nearby; Installation requirements has more details.
- Download MediaWiki (direct link to download the stable release version) and extract the archive to a web-accessible folder on your server.
- Point your browser to the directory where MediaWiki was extracted and follow the link to the setup screen. It should be in the form http://domain/directory/mw-config/index.php. Replace directory with the path to your extracted MediaWiki folder. If installing on a local machine, replace domain with localhost. If you install locally and later want to access your wiki from domain, then you will need to change LocalSettings.php from localhost to domain. If installed on a remote server, replace domain with your server's domain name (eg: www.myserver.com).
- Follow the on-screen instructions to complete the process.
These instructions are deliberately brief. There is a lot that could go wrong, so if in doubt, you are advised to read the full instructions!
Przewodnik instalacji[edit | edit source]
- Instalowanie MediaWiki - dokładna instrukcja
- Konfigurowanie MediaWiki
Alternatives to manual installation[edit | edit source]
You can avoid manual installation by using a pre-integrated MediaWiki software appliance, hosting services with 1-click installation, or wiki farms.
If you are installing for development or testing, consider using MediaWiki-Vagrant, a set of configuration scripts for Vagrant that automate the creation and update of a virtual machine that runs MediaWiki and your choice of extensions and services.
|Uwaga:||Programs provided by webhosts to automatically install applications such as MediaWiki can, and frequently do, mishandle the process, resulting in errors and a failure to install MediaWiki. If you encounter this problem, it does not mean that you cannot install MediaWiki; all it means is that you should install manually following these steps. There are benefits to doing this, including more control over where on the server and file path you want to install it, the ability to use a shared database, or the ability to control more features of the wiki during the installation.|
Wiki families[edit | edit source]
A wiki family is more than one wiki installed on the same server. To set up multiple wikis on MediaWiki, see Manual:Wiki family.
Inne[edit | edit source]
Zaawansowani użytkownicy[edit | edit source]
Następujące strony zawierają instrukcje, jak zainstalować/skonfigurować MediaWiki do innych, mniej popularnych zadań.
Zaawansowana konfiguracja[edit | edit source]
The following pages cover some of the more advanced configuration options:
Pomoc w instalacji[edit | edit source]
- FAQ: FAQ#Installation and configuration
- IRC channel on
- mediawiki-l is the high-traffic mailing list to ask for support.
Instrukcje instalacje dotyczące konkretnych systemów operacyjnych[edit | edit source]
The following pages give more detailed installation instructions aimed at specific systems. However, by and large Manual:Installing MediaWiki is more up to date, and better written than the per system docs, and as such it is recommended you first consult the main install instructions before looking at a per system installation documents.