|This deprecated feature should no longer be used, but is still available for reasons of backwards compatibility. This feature was deprecated in version 1.26.0. Please see $wgPasswordPolicy's MaximalPasswordLength for an alternative way to use this feature.|
|User accounts, authentication: $wgMaximalPasswordLength|
|Specifies the maximal length of a user password.
|Introduced in version:||1.24.0 (Gerrit change 201220; git #63cf33d8)|
|Deprecated in version:||1.26.0 (Gerrit change 206156; git #1a20dc93)|
|Removed in version:||still in use|
|Allowed values:||(nonnegative integer)|
|Other settings: Alphabetical | By function|
Specifies the maximal length of a user password.
It is not recommended to make this greater than the default, as it can allow DoS attacks by users setting really long passwords. In addition, this should not be lowered too much, as it enforces weak passwords.
Since 1.26 deprecated in favor of $wgPasswordPolicy.
- MediaWiki configuration settings/en
- MediaWiki configuration settings 1.24.0/en
- MediaWiki configuration settings introduced in version 1.24.0/en
- MediaWiki configuration settings deprecated in version 1.26.0/en
- MediaWiki configuration settings still in use/en
- MediaWiki deprecated or obsolete features/en
- Users variables/en