Jump to navigation Jump to search
The purpose of the project is:
- drive a browser
- take a screenshot of a screen - in multiple languages
- crop the screenshot - so only relevant part is left
- upload the screenshot to Commons
At the moment it is used only in Help:VisualEditor/User guide, but the same concept can be applied to other tools as well.
- Erica Litrenta - anything Help:VisualEditor/User guide related
- Ed Sanders - anything screenshots related
- Amir Aharoni - anything language related
- Željko Filipin - anything related to uploading files to Commons
For existing projects
How to see the existing screenshots?
- Images are stored in two places:
How to run the screenshot creating job?
- Log in (with Gerrit credentials) to Wikimedia Jenkins
- Request permission to run the job. (Ask the person that maintains Wikimedia Jenkins, at the moment it is Antoine Musso.)
- Go to language-screenshots-VisualEditor job.
How to add a language to the current job?
- Edit screenshotLangs.json
How to write a test that creates screenshots?
- Add another test to screenshots.js
- Uploading is done using the commons_upload Ruby gem.
- Environment variables that the gem needs:
MEDIAWIKI_API_UPLOAD_URL, API URL of the site where the images are to be uploaded
LanguageScreenshotBot(exists on testing and production)
MEDIAWIKI_PASSWORDtesting or production
How to create a whole new job for another extension?
- Add another project to