How to contribute/skr
Jump to navigation Jump to search
More helpful information
There are several ways you can get into contact with the Wikimedia community.
- Feel free to ask your developer questions on https://discourse-mediawiki.wmflabs.org.
- For real-time communication use connect on IRC (Internet Relay Chat).
- There are also several e-mail lists for discussion of Wikimedia software. A complete list is available.
- You can also follow and share Wikimedia news across your social network.
- You can also subscribe to Tech News to receive a weekly summary on your user talk page of recent software changes, without technical jargon.
Editing and discussing in MediaWiki
If you have not used MediaWiki before:
- Register your user account on mediawiki.org.
- Learn how to edit wiki pages with VisualEditor or editing the source.
- Feel free to edit your public user page. Introduce yourself. You may use the User Info Template. Learn more reading the Wikipedia instructions.
- Check Help:Navigation.
- You can discuss the content of each page in its related Discussion page. You can communicate with users by adding a public message in their discussion pages. Learn more at Help:Talk pages.