Help talk:Extension:Wikibase/Configuring languages
I choose these languages by default on my WikiData version : Français, English, Español, Deutsch and eventually Nederlands
- instead of actually : Français, English, Occitan, Italiano. Thanks you by advance for the changes — N.A.
Language code FIL is incorrect (tl=Tagalog, NOT fil=Filipino)
i think it should be TL by default, therefore it is not possible to edit in Tagalog OR add data in Tagalog..
by virtue of Philippine legislation the official name of the official national language is Filipino (constructed language), but in reality this is still largely based on Tagalog (authentic, native, natural language), and so far on MediaWiki sites this is properly reflected by tl=Tagalog entry, so it baffles me why fil=Filipino is on by default on MediaWiki (in general) and Wikidata (in particular), there is no fil on MediaWiki so this should be corrected as "tl" as soon as possible
I want to get all languages, never a selection
Give priority to the language of the country of localisation
- Each building to each visitor primarily ought to be presented with the name used in the official language of the country or region, where it stands.
- If the main language of the country of the location differs from the official regional language, the name in that main national language should be the second one. (If the coutry has two main languages such as French and Dutch in Belgium the "other" national language should be the seond one.)
- Only after this name or these two names (perhaps even three such as Ladino, German and Italian in some valleys of Alto Adige/Sütirol) the name in the visitor's language is placed correctly.
- If none of these names is in English, the next one should be the English name.