It's possible to type in the Tifinagh alphabet without installing any additional software. This alphabet is used for several languages, and the layout is the same for all of them.
This virtual keyboard layout emulates a layout developed by the Moroccan Royal Institute of the Amazigh Culture (IRCAM, ⴰⵙⵉⵏⴰⴳ ⴰⴳⴻⵍⴷⴰⵏ ⵏ ⵜⵓⵙⵙⵏⴰ ⵜⴰⵎⴰⵣⵉⵖⵜ).
To make this layout work, follow these instructions:
- Click the search box at the top of the page.
- Click the little keyboard icon that appears near the search box.
- If the little keyboard icon doesn't appear, do the following: Click the gear icon near the "Languages" list in the sidebar, click "Input", click "Enable input tools", and click "Apply settings".
- If the name of your language appears at the top of the list, select "Tifinagh".
- If the name of your language doesn't appear at the top of the list, do the following:
- Click "..." at the bottom of the list. A panel will appear.
- Find your language in the panel and click it. The currently supported languages for this keyboard are (if you want to add a language, please contact the developers):
- Tamaziɣt / ⵜⴰⵎⴰⵣⵉⵖⵜ (Central Atlas Tamazight, tzm)
- Taqbaylit / ⵜⴰⵇⴱⴰⵢⵍⵉⵜ (Kabyle, kab)
- Tarifit / ⵜⴰⵔⵉⴼⵉⵜ (Rifian, rif)
- Taclḥiyt / ⵜⴰⵛⵍⵃⵉⵢⵜ (Shilha, shi)
- Click the little keyboard icon again, and select "Tifinagh".
To disable this special keyboard and go back to type usually, click the little keyboard icon and then click "Use native keyboard", or press Ctrl-M. To re-enable the keyboard, press Ctrl-M, or repeat the steps above.
The full list of keys and characters:
|Latin letter||Tifinagh letter|