You can type in the Akan and Twi alphabet with all the special letters!
This keyboard layout replaces the letters Q and X with the Akan letters Ɛ and Ɔ. There's also another way to type Akan, which doesn't replace English letters. It's documented on the page Help:Extension:UniversalLanguageSelector/Input methods/ak-tilde. Choose whichever is comfortable for you!
To enable the Akan and Twi keyboard, do the following:
- Click the search box at the top of the page.
- Click the little keyboard icon that appears near the search box.
- If the little keyboard icon doesn't appear, do the following: Click the gear icon near the "Languages" list in the sidebar, click "Input", click "Enable input tools", and click "Apply settings".
- If "Akan" or "Twi" appears at the top of the list, select "QX replacement".
- If "Akan" or "Twi" doesn't appear at the top of the list, do the following:
- Click "..." at the bottom of the list. A panel will appear.
- Find "Akan" or "Twi" in the panel. Click it.
- Click the little keyboard icon again, and select "QX replacement".
To disable this special keyboard and go back to type usually, click the little keyboard icon and then click "Use native keyboard", or press Ctrl-M. To re-enable the Akan or Twi keyboard it, repeat the steps listed above.
To type Akan or Twi letters, do the following:
|To type this letter...||Press this keyboard key:|