The Translate extension, due to its nature of rapid development, requires a relatively recent version of MediaWiki to work. The aim is to support the development version and the two latest stable versions of MediaWiki. In package managers, the version may be too old to fulfill the requirements. In that case you need to download a newer release from mediawiki.org or from Wikimedia's Git repository.
The Translate extension uses a continuous development model, which means that latest version should never be totally broken, because all commits to Translate extension are peer reviewed and pass unit tests. The core functionality is pretty stable, but there may be bigger changes from time to time.
البرامج التالية مطلوبة لتنصيب هذا الامتداد:
- Recent version of MediaWiki
- MySQL database – SQLite (experimental)
- Universal Language Selector extension (included in MediaWiki Language Extension Bundle)
- (optional - No longer needed since MLEB 2020.10) PHPlot for statistics graphs.
- (optional) Syck or phpyaml for faster and better YAML parsing and generation
- (optional) ElasticSearch for advanced search features and translation memory
- (optional) Internet access on the server for machine translation services
MediaWiki needs to have the job queue set up correctly. If your job queue is not processed, nothing will work in Translate.
In addition, shell access is required to run maintenance scripts.
The use of memcached for caching and for example APC PHP accelerator is recommended in a production environment.
Go to MediaWiki Language Extension Bundle for download links and instructions. The bundle includes additional extensions commonly used together with the Translate extension. It also includes a functioning default configuration to get you started. See Help:Extension:Translate/Configuration for a description of the settings.