Jump to navigation Jump to search
This will be the help page for Wikipedia editors and other end users who are using Extension:DiscussionTools.
The Reply tool is for posting quick replies to existing discussions.
- At the end of each signed message, there will be a Reply link. Click the Reply link to reply to that message.
- A box will open. Your message will be placed where the box is located.
- Type your reply in the box. Your signature and the date will be added to your reply automatically.
- When you are ready to post your reply, click the blue Reply button.
- You can switch between visual and wikitext source editing modes.
- In the wikitext source mode, a live preview shows what your message will look like while you are typing it.
- In the visual mode, you can use keyboard shortcuts to make links, to @-mention the person you're replying to, and to add character formatting.
- As of 2020, this tool does not work with multi-line templates or wikitext codes that must be placed at the start of a line (e.g., wikitext table syntax).
- The Reply tool is visible when it detects a link to a user account and a timestamp on the same line. Some custom signatures will not be detected.