This page is currently a draft.
Please do not mark this page for translation yet.
It is still being drafted.
Welcome to the eighteenth newsletter from the Growth team!
The Growth team's objective is to work on software changes that help retain new contributors in mid-size Wikimedia projects.
Work continues on the implementation of adding links.
News for mentors
- Help panel questions are now being asked to mentors across all Wikiprojects. Since the beginning of the experiment, the number of questions per day has increased by ... %
- We are currently working on a Mentors dashboard. This special page aims to help mentors be more proactive and be more successful at their role. The first iteration will include a table that shows an overview of the mentors current mentees, a module with their own settings, and a module that will allow them to store their best replies to their mentees questions.
- An audit has been conducted on Growth's 4 pilot wikis to see the activity of mentors. It appears that the vast majority of mentors are active https://phabricator.wikimedia.org/T280139
News for communities
Communities can now change the configuration of the Growth tools. This is an important change, since it allows communities to independently define how the features are by newcomers.
- Growth features are now available on Romanian Wikipedia, Danish Wikipedia, Thai Wikipedia, Indonesian Wikipedia, Croatian Wikipedia, Albanian Wikipedia, Esperanto Wikipedia, Hindi Wikipedia, Norwegian Bokmål Wikipedia, Japanese Wikipedia, Telugu Wikipedia, Spanish Wikipedia, Simple English Wikipedia, Malay Wikipedia and Tamil Wikipedia.
- A new group of Wikipedias has been defined for the deployment of Growth features. Please contact us if you have questions about the deployment process, or if your community likes to get the features in advance.
- English Wikipedia will try Growth features on a small number of new accounts. At the moment, registered users can test the features by turning them on in their preferences.