MediaWiki Group Promotion welcomes all contributors interested in promoting MediaWiki and Wikimedia software and technical activities.
Areas of collaboration:
- Reaching out to new MediaWiki community contributors.
- Growing MediaWiki Groups.
- mediawiki.org homepage and main landing pages.
- Promoting Wikimedia apps.
- Comms, blogs, social media.
- Events organization and participation.
- Materials: slides, basic tutorials, white papers...
- Community metrics.
- Collaboration with other free software projects.
- Collaboration with other wiki communities.
- Growing the MediaWiki CMS user base.
This initial charter is wide, but there is a big overlap of people working in these areas. We can spin-off new groups for specialized areas whenever it makes sense to split.
We have got official recognition from the Affiliations Committee for a first period of one year, after which we would become a permanent group.
- 2012-12-21: New task: help making How to contribute the definitive landing place for new contributors.
- 2012-12-22: Group proposal submitted to the Affiliations Committee.
- 2012-12-21: Social media sorted out: we have now @MediaWiki at identi.ca, Twitter, Facebook and Google+. Wikimedia Social Media team acknowledges.
- 2012-12-20: New task: MediaWiki presentation template.
- 2012-12-17: two FOSDEM proposals submitted: Lightning & Community development and Marketing DevRoom.
- 2012-12-14: Proposal announced to wikitech-l and other lists.
The official channel of communication of this group is its Discussion page.
wikitech-l is used as a fallback list for wider topics requiring community attention.
- Related links welcome!
- Volunteer coordination and outreach
- How to become a MediaWiki hacker
- Mentorship programs
- Technical communications/Tech blog activity
- Wiki Loves Monuments mobile application/Marketing
- MediaWiki.org WikiProjects
- Quim Gil's backlog contains many promotion related tasks waiting for someone to take them up.
- MediaWiki groups need at least 3 people to be approved.
- Quim Gil, working at the Wikimedia Foundation as technical outreach coordinator and pushing MediaWiki Groups anywhere. Eating own dog food by pushing this thematic group.--Qgil (talk) 18:40, 13 December 2012 (UTC)
- Varnent, is a MediaWiki volunteer developer and lead administrator for WikiQueer - a third-party wiki installation. Greg (aka varnent) has also been involved with WikiProject Extensions and WikiProject SysAdmins. Finally, outside of MediaWiki related activities, he is also involved with Wikimania (including the Hackathon) and Wikimedia LGBT. --Varnent (talk)(COI) 17:59, 11 January 2013 (UTC)
- More promoters welcome!
- Sharihareswara (WMF) (talk) 22:25, 13 December 2012 (UTC)
- Juliendorra (talk) 16:03, 14 December 2012 (UTC)
- Yuvipanda (talk) 21:17, 14 December 2012 (UTC)
- Superm401 - Talk 23:36, 21 December 2012 (UTC)
- Harsh Kothari (Talk)08:14, 22 December 2012 (UTC)
- Mitevam (Talk)17:36, 11 January 2013 (UTC)
- guillom 15:06, 17 January 2013 (UTC)
- Alolita Sharma
- Danny B.
- Your signature here.