MediaWiki Group Ciudad de México
Group dedicated to promote MediaWiki and related tools through outreach, training and development activities. We will also support the Wikimedia México chapter.
We consider that the expertise and knowledge available in the MediaWiki community can be helpful to other communities in other situations. We want to engage with other communities in shared events and workshops promoting common outreach and research. We want to generate feedback and lab-style experimentation around current paradigms of development and collaboration.
Areas of collaboration:
- Support to Wikimedia México
- Education Program
Note: Group Ciudad de México is not exclusive for to work in Ciudad de México, it is only the beginning point. We are working across México.
- We are going to help to implement Education extension in Wikipedia with Wikimedia México through documentation and testing.
- We will give talks in schools about Wikipedia, MediaWiki and their community.
- We will support and assist in the administration of systems to Wikimedia Mexico.
Who is interested
- Jacobo Nájera: Free Software developer, currently I'm working for Wikimedia México. I am concerned and works around digital preservation and technological autonomy and, I am interested in divulgation and socialización around the Free/Libre technology and their process.
- Luis Vega: Free Software Developer until now i working on ZonaInter.org as a project to spread the free software in the education at Mexico.
- Your signature here.
- Instituto Tecnológico de Mexicali
- Wikimedia México ProtoplasmaKid (talk) 18:35, 20 December 2012 (UTC), president of Wikimedia México A.C.
- This is the first proposal of a local group not only in a Spanish speaking place, but also in a location where English is not an official language. This is a good precedent for other Spanish and non-English speaking groups. I'm looking forward to the possibilities of collaboration this opens at a Spanish speaking level, across Mexico and also Latin America and Spain. fwiw I'm a native speaker as well and I'm looking forward to help planting this seed.--Qgil (talk) 00:50, 22 December 2012 (UTC)