Google Summer of Code/2016
Google Summer of Code 2016 is one of the outreach programs we are planning to organize. The org admins coordinating this edition are Tony Thomas and Sumit Asthana. To follow the project in detail, check the GSoC 2016 workboard in Phabricator.
See also the parallel program Outreachy/Round 12.
- 8 February: Mentoring organizations can begin submitting applications to Google.
- 29 February: List of accepted mentoring organizations published.
- 14 March: Students can register and submit applications.
- 25 March 19:00 UTC: Student application deadline.
- 22 April: Accepted student proposals announced.
- 23 May: Official start.
- 20-27 June: Mid term evaluations by students and mentors.
- 23 August: Firm 'pencils down' date.
How to start contributing? (for newcomers)
Follow How to become a MediaWiki hacker which is a complete guide for any newcomer wishing to start contributing patches to Wikimedia projects.