Micre defectos enoiose
This page provides a list of software bugs and small missing features that have been identified as a good way to get involved with an existing Wikimedia project (not only MediaWiki core and its extensions).
This is one way to start getting familiar with the code in Wikimedia projects.
Note that the tasks linked below do not have assigned mentors. You will be mostly "on your own". We recommend to work on software projects with mentors: Check out the list of software projects that we recommend.
No matter which software project you work on, you must have read the "Suggested reading" section to understand workflow and communication expectations.
If you decide to work on MediaWiki core or MediaWiki extensions, you must have read How to become a MediaWiki hacker to understand the infrastructure and workflow.
- 1 Potential tasks to work on
- 1.1 MediaWiki core and extensions
- 1.2 ===Wikidata===
- 1.3 Multimedia
- 1.4 VisualEditor
- 1.5 Discovery / Search
- 1.6 ===Cutes===
- 1.7 === Collaboration global ===
- 1.8 ===MediaWiki===
- 1.9 === MediaWiki semantic ===
- 1.10 Standalone projects
- 1.11 Pywikibot
- 1.12 Mobile Apps
- 1.13 Huggle
- 1.14 Analytics
- 1.15 Cross-project areas
- 1.16 === Documentation ===
- 1.17 ===Designo===
- 1.18 === Messages systema e problemas de localisation/traduction ===
- 1.19 ===E multo plus…===
- 2 Vide alsi
Potential tasks to work on
The following sections describe a few example areas in which you can contribute, but you are not limited to these areas!
If the software project uses Wikimedia Phabricator, the upper right corner of a task shows the project that the problem is located in.
This provides you a hint about the Git repository that the code is located in, and about the development team which you could contact if you want to discuss it in a "broader" way (as comments in bug reports should preferably refer to the specific problem described in the report only).
MediaWiki core and extensions
Discovery / Search
=== Collaboration global ===
It is complex, written in PHP, and some areas might not have clear maintainership.
Ask your general development questions on the wikitech mailing list and the #wikimedia-dev and #mediawiki IRC channels.
=== MediaWiki semantic ===
=== Documentation ===
=== Messages systema e problemas de localisation/traduction ===
Also, many messages are unclear and require better documentation.
Missing documentation can also be added by editing the
/qqq subpage of the message on translatewiki.net, like all translations, but may require some study of the code to understand what a message is for.
===E multo plus…===
→ Potential tasks for new contributors
- New Developers — Wikimedia software projects which offer mentors. Recommended for new contributors.
- Como devenir un hacker de MediaWiki — For hacking on MediaWiki core or MediaWiki extensions.
- Como contribuer — Apprende re plus manieras de contribuer a MediaWiki a al communitate de cultura libere (e.g. traduction, documentation, …)
- Triage tasks in Phabricator — If you want to get an idea of issues in the software and help developers to save some time.