- 1 SIP Audio Conference
- 2 IRC
- 3 Gerrit
- 4 First steps on t.saper.info
- 5 Register in Gerrit
- 6 Setting up access to MediaWiki repository on Gerrit
- 7 SSH agent and keys
- 8 SSH and OpenID
SIP Audio Conference
Use SIP client to connect to the audio conference at:
email@example.com PIN 987654
No SIP account or username/password is really necessary!
Keys that work during the conference:
- 0 - mute/unmute
- * - deaf mute
- 3 - increase talk volume
- 2 - set talk volume to zero
- 1 - decrease talk volume
- 6 - increase listening volume
- 5 - set listening volume to zero
- 4 - decrease listening volume
- # - hang up
Sometimes you have to dial SIP addresses by typing sip: before, for example sip:firstname.lastname@example.org
Please learn how to mute/unmute your phone and please be muted most of the time (unless you are speaking).
Please connect to the conference before start and test your connection. It is possible that you can connect but you cannot hear anything (or cannot be heard) because of your network settings (mostly you are behind w:NAT and you are not using any of the firewall traversal methods w:STUN, ICE.
- You can call email@example.com to check if your audio works (it's an echo service)
- You can test your connection by dialing firstname.lastname@example.org. It will tell you if you are connecting in wideband or narrowband.
If there is nobody on the conference, you should hear a nice Spanish music.
IRC used as fallback in case something does not work and for the initial setup.
We are on:
Server irc.freenode.net Channel #git-gerrit http://webchat.freenode.net/
Test Gerrit instance
Checkout MediaWiki Core (not necessary on t.saper.info):
git clone http://l.saper.info:8888/p/mediawiki-core git clone ssh://email@example.com:29418/mediawiki-core.git
First steps on t.saper.info
A cloned copy of MediaWiki Core is already provided on your account to save time.
T #1: Review your
Your account comes with preconfigured FREE mailinator.com email address.
Mailinator.com is the leading edge premium enterprise email provider so we outsource to them.
[user] name = Comrade Quebec email = firstname.lastname@example.org
Feel free to user yours but it has to be configured consequently here and in Gerrit.
T #3: Get your public SSH key from
It should look like this:
ssh-rsa AAAAB3NzaC1yc2EAAAADAQABAAAAYQDKNgESmISrEDXDQY4pl37N7QxU1XsBmBq76cpGlviArH0gXk3GpPYbCfTAY7N65XDkSzqqCrCkVp/s33qhSI+H6x4ANaV50HwG1hXgs+cpN71SY+hySpKXBEcIkyrkgTc= quebec
Register in Gerrit
Gerrit #1: Register to Gerrit using OpenID URL provided
OpenID URL is provided for your account http://saper.info/i/username
- Use Comrade username as the Full name (just for fun).
- Click on Register New Email... and provide email@example.com
- Provide your t.saper.info username on the registration screen (for example alfa).
- Add your public SSH key to Gerrit (using the key from step T #3)
Gerrit #2: Logon to http://mailinator.com and confirm email addres
Be careful to copy a whole URL because their web interface is so-so.
T #4: Test your SSH connection
From t.saper.info shell account do:
It should respond with
**** Welcome to Gerrit Code Review **** Hi Comrade Quebec, you have successfully connected over SSH. Unfortunately, interactive shells are disabled. To clone a hosted Git repository, use: git clone ssh://firstname.lastname@example.org:29418/REPOSITORY_NAME.git Connection to l.saper.info closed.
If you get this, you are almost there.
Setting up access to MediaWiki repository on Gerrit
T #5: Get the hook
cd mediawiki-core scp l:hooks/commit-msg .ssh/commit-msg
T #6: Add another remote to Git repository
git remote add review ssh://username@l/mediawiki-core.git git remote update
You should be fully setup now.
SSH agent and keys
Please check if your SSH agent (
ssh-agent, Pageant on Windows) is running and your private keys are loaded.
Please check how to configure your client to allow agent forwarding to host t.saper.info.
For OpenSSH this can be done by updating
Host t.saper.info ForwardAgent yes
or it can be enabled one time only when using the commandline:
ssh -A email@example.com
SSH and OpenID
Below please find the list of usernames for connecting via SSH.
Training host instance: t.saper.info
User the provided OpenID URL to login into the training Gerrit instance at http://l.saper.info:8888/
- http://saper.info/i/alfa Zeljko.filipin(WMF)
- http://saper.info/i/charlie Chris
- http://saper.info/i/echo (Edokter)
- http://saper.info/i/golf (Stefan)
- http://saper.info/i/november Matma Rex (talk) 18:01, 3 October 2012 (UTC)
- http://saper.info/i/quebec « Saper // talk » 11:43, 3 October 2012 (UTC)
- http://saper.info/i/sierra Silke
- http://saper.info/i/tango Erik Zachte (talk) 17:58, 3 October 2012 (UTC)
- http://saper.info/i/zulu « DAndreescu // talk » 17:36, 3 October 2012 (UTC)