Gerrit's user interface can be difficult to navigate. The following documentation helps find stuff in the web user interface of Gerrit.
- To view all projects, select Browse > Repositories in the top bar.
- The core MediaWiki source code is in the project "mediawiki/core".
- Use "Repository Browser > gitiles" to inspect the code base.
- If you want to look at the code for the version of MediaWiki or an extension deployed on some wiki, visit that wiki's Special:Version page and look for the corresponding branch or commit. Then select the corresponding branch in the sidebar of gitiles.
- Select "Changes > View all" to see the latest commits.
Browsing code in a repository
After selecting Browse > Repositories in the top bar and selecting a code repository, select "Repository Browser > gitiles" to browse its code base.
Gerrit offers a search field in the upper right corner. It includes a full-text search on commit messages, authors or reviewers (names and email addresses), etc.
To search for specific values items, use keywords.
Example: List of commits to all MediaWiki repos which have been, or need to be, reviewed by the Gerrit user called "brion":
project:^mediawiki/.* reviewer:brion AND NOT owner:L10n-bot</code>
It excludes the L10n-bot which sometimes alters the results.
Example: List of commits authored by anyone in the newcomers group and the commits passed CI (have a positive Verified label) and have either CR-1 or CR-2 (patch needs rework):
ownerin:newcomers status:open label:Verified>=1 label:Code-Review<0
Search queries via SSH
You can also run queries from the command line.
This requires a developer account.
Connect over ssh to execute commands of the form
gerrit query ' query parameters ' on the gerrit host.
The search operators are the same as in the web interface.
See the query command documentation.
Example: List of unreviewed commits under mediawiki:
ssh -p 29418 yourPersonalUsername@gerrit.wikimedia.org gerrit query 'status:open project:^mediawiki/.* AND NOT label:Code-Review<=-1'
For the number of unreviewed patches, see the
rowCount value in the output of this command.
Performing code review
See Gerrit/Tutorial#How code is reviewed in Gerrit
- Open changesets by owner (not updated since March 2019; )
- Changesets by status (not updated since March 2019; )
- Oldest open changesets (not updated since March 2019; )
- Changesets by project (not updated since March 2019; )
- Open changesets by newbie owner (not updated since March 2019; )
- Code review activity (not updated since March 2019; )
- Changesets by owner (not updated since March 2019; )
- Simple code review stats, all time and last month (based on refs/notes/review, containing only CodeReview votes for the last patchset of each commit)
- Report Developer Resources
- Gerrit REST API: The endpoints are located at
- code of valhallasw's gerrit reviewer bot
- XSSI caveat