Frontend standards group/2014-10-03-Weekly
Jump to navigation Jump to search
MediaWiki theme for OOjs UI
- Merged, not yet default
- We don't feel like its all the way there
- Prateek is now joining us as an implementor and is the doing the stying for this
- concerns around living style guide (mediawiki ui) / mediawiki ooui theme keeping consistent with one another
Server-side OOjs UI generation
- Article indicators extension
- Implemented, not merged
watch star proof of concept?
- Early next week [Trevor]
- Need for a unified icon set generated from SVG's
- Sharing icons between extensions?
- Icon "packages" as separate dependencies, RL modules?
- Avoiding code and design duplication
- Evaluate and improve
- Missing: templates, form standardization
- Product uptake of OOjs
- Skin System
- High level design requirements
Ori: MediaWiki 2.0 !!
TheDJ: Keep migration layer and emphasise the advantages of the new model to motivate migration.
- Generated icons for MediaWiki core
- OOjs UI template integration
- Prateek, Florian, Matt, Jon (2 volunteers + 2 staff have been working on form standardisation - looks like it's close to being wrapped up)
- First time I've seen this much alignment / coordination across teams over front end
- DJ joined us! W00t! :D (now for more patches :) )
- Incremental patches to mediawiki.ui modules in core
- Trevor has gotten a lot of value and confidence from the discussions
- Not enough architecture discussion
- Need to use the group to make detailed decisions (APIs, architecture, etc)
- Yep. 'Architecture' is scary; I'd simply like to see us share thought processes around software design decisions.
- Seem to be working in our own clusters still, very little code sharing has happened (but this is due to lots of pre-work)
- Lots of moving parts. What are the priorities? Should we have more focus? Or more overview/documentation whatevah ?
- The state of the living styleguide
- how we keep the living styleguide consistent with ooui stylesheets (otherwise we don't have full standardisation)
- Transition from the work on mediawikiui (the less file and the special pages) to php ooui
- Where's my pencil?