Firefox bugs affecting MediaWiki
This is a list of known Firefox bugs that affect MediaWiki sites such as Wikipedia.
The aim is to create a list of the top 10 bugs that affect MediaWiki. If we can get a consensus on what these bugs are, we may be able to officially submit a request from the Wikimedia Foundation to the Mozilla Foundation to address these issues with some priority.
- Bug 79021: All stylesheets are loaded regardless of rendering media - Results in loading stylesheets that are not required, which makes the Wikipedia load slower and with more bandwidth used than is necessary (although it does still work).
- Bug 322777: – Links overlap at Gujarati wiki projects: gu.wikipedia gu.wiktionary gu.wikibooks if page contains RTL characters - gu:Main Page renders the site notice at the top incorrectly.
- Bug 192636: – Map *-Latn languages to Western script (ISO 15924 script codes) - see w:en:Template:Transl, w:en:Template:Lang and 
- Bug 648248: – Buggy Hebrew fallback font on Mac OS X
- Bug 126309: Save page does not save @import -ed CSS - this makes saved pages from Wikipedia very ugly, as the required screen stylesheet is not saved together with the page.
- Bug 115107: CSS not fixed up by webbrowserpersist ("save page as, complete" omits background images) - Relative links to images or other media included in CSS are not resolved when saving a local copy. Currently not an issue until bug 126309 is fixed, but then will be a problem. Absolute links will work but require web connection.
- Bug 372474: After "save page as, complete" opening the saved page is missing all images - Encoded image filename in the saved HTML does not point to the saved image, resulting in images not being displayed in the local copy.
Fixed bugs, not yet released