Dear WikiArticleFeeds developers/users,
perhaps I found a little bug (or feature) in this extension .. or perhaps I have one in my mind :-)
I implemented the extension and it runs very well on pages without namspaces. But it is not runnig with (customer) namespaces.
My scenario: I implemented two test namespaces like this:
# page namespace
$wgExtraNamespaces[NS_TEST] = "TEST";
$wgNamespacesWithSubpages[NS_TEST] = true;
# talk page namespace
$wgExtraNamespaces[NS_TEST_TALK] = "TEST_talk";
$wgNamespacesWithSubpages[NS_TEST_TALK] = true;
Then I created some pages with nearly identical feed data except the description (taken from your example here):
- a page called Testpage
- a page called Talk:Testpage
- a page called TEST:Testpage with a namespace
- a page called TEST talk:Testpage with a namespace
- a user specific page User:MyAccount
The result was:
- the feed on page Testpage is running - ok !
- the feed on page Talk:Testpage shows the feed from the page Testpage without the namespace - this is not ok
- the feed on page TEST:Testpage with a namespace is not running
- the feed on page TEST talk:Testpage with a namespace is not running
- the feed on page User:MyAccount is not running
'Not running' means, that there is no content in the feed. I tested each feed with both, Microsoft Outlook 2010 and Internet Explorer 9 by using the RSS 2.0/Atom 0.3 feature. After doing changes by adding new items in the feed, only the feed on page Testpage distributes these new items. Others were not responding ....
The feed link for e.g. page Talk:Testpage is : http://servernam/e.../index.php?title=Testpage&action=feed&feed=rss but parameter titel=Testpage should be titel=Talk:Testpage, I think but changing this by manual is not successful, too.
My testing environment is MediaWiki 1.22.0, PHP 5.4.11 , MySQL 5.5.33 on Windows64bit unsing WikiArticleFeeds (Version 0.71 20120319). I'm working with an EN and a DE language driven Wiki in parallal linked by Interwiki.
Did I anything wrong ? Any ideas ? Any solutions ?
Anyway, thank you very much for this wunderful extension.
Happy new year !