Extension talk:Ticket Authentication

About this board

TicketAuthentication extension is archived and incompatible

Anasrehmankhan.tts (talkcontribs)

Hi, i have joined new job, they were using MediaWiki for so long. My task was to upgrade the MediaWiki from 1.27 to 1.35. After upgrading , I found that TicketAuthentication extension is archived. This extension is used for to authenticate the MediaWiki user from external website.

I don't even have an idea how they were using this extension. all i did is to copy the extension into new server. but didn't work.

Can someone help please to update the extension ?

Is there any alternative of Ticket Authentication extension and how can i implement it into MediaWiki 1.35.

Thanks in advance,

Reply to "TicketAuthentication extension is archived and incompatible"

No longer works with 1.32+

ContribNote (talkcontribs)

For new users, wfRunHooks no longer exists in 1.32

Also for some old users, was getting an erroneous "TicketAuth: User's account with this login name already exists and it was not created by TicketAuth. Can't authenticate"

ContribNote (talkcontribs)

The first issue seems to be resolved by changing the function call of wfRunHooks to Hooks::run. May try deleting the broken users for the second issue

Reply to "No longer works with 1.32+" (talkcontribs)

Hi, I'm upgrading MediaWiki from 1.27 to 1.32.

When I run "php maintenance/update.php", the script returns this error:

I've downloaded the latest versione of TicketAuth, but the zip file doesn't contain the JSON

Reply to "JSON Missing?"

Password not being saved in v1.27

2001:56A:745B:4700:F171:216B:B3FB:38E2 (talkcontribs)

A user account is created and authenticated correctly, but the user cannot sign in from the login page because the new account does not have the password saved at all. The corresponding password field in the user table in the db is empty. $wgPasswordSalt is not set.

2001:56A:745B:4700:F171:216B:B3FB:38E2 (talkcontribs)

Looks like Ticket Authentication tries to update the db directly using User->saveSettings, however v1.27 no longer allows the password to be saved this way (actively looks for a removes the password field from account creation params).

Reply to "Password not being saved in v1.27"

Fix for logout -> login bug

ContribNote (talkcontribs)

Thank you for this extension.

I encountered a bug where if the user logs out, a later log in action fails due to some user data persisting. I fixed it by changing this:

if ( strcmp( $capitalizedUsername, $wgRequest->getCookie( 'UserName' ) ) == 0 )
   return false;
if ( strcmp( $capitalizedUsername, $wgRequest->getSessionData( 'wsUserName' ) ) == 0 )
   return false;

into this:

if ($wgUser->isLoggedIn())
   return false;
CodeMonk (talkcontribs)

Thank you!

Reply to "Fix for logout -> login bug"

Conflict with the Special:UserRights page

BertrandGorge (talkcontribs)


When you activate TicketAuth and you go in the page: http://my.host.com/wiki/index.php?title=Special%3AUserRights&user=Bertrand+Gorge

It fails because the "user" is recognized by TicketAuth and it tries to connect.

We suggest the following change to the top lines of the code:

        $username = $wgRequest->getVal( 'user' );
        $sign = $wgRequest->getVal( 'sign' );
        $time = $wgRequest->getVal( 'time' );
        if ( $username == null || $username == '' ||
	     $sign == null || $sign == '' ||
	     $time == null || $time == '' )
                return false;

instead of

        $username = $wgRequest->getVal( 'user' );
        if ( $username == null || $username == '')
                return false;
CodeMonk (talkcontribs)

Ok, that's a good idea. I'll correct this in next version.

Reply to "Conflict with the Special:UserRights page" (talkcontribs)


I'm using your extension, thanks for your job !

I had to modify the file "/extensions/TicketAuth/TicketAuth.php" because the user lost his connection on the next page.

Line 149 -> 152

	// We need to start the session to log the user
	if ( session_id() == '' ) {
Reply to "Losing connection"
There are no older topics