This extension appears to be dead, yes?
Just asking. I would like this feature to work with the structured discussions extension but it seems it hasn't been touched in over a decade. Also there were some incorrectly formatted comments that were without headings etc junking up the top of this page so I gave them a heading. 01:19, 16 October 2018 (UTC)~
Random comments at the top of the page
Is this extension being used anywhere? Or has anyone tried it out yet? --22.214.171.124 14:25, 18 April 2007 (UTC)
I couldn;t get it go. I installed the extension into the extension folders and added the require_once line but that seems to break as the wiki now is just a blank page (syntax error maybe) with no error message or anything UPDATE - seems to have been a permission problem. Changed permissions and fixed.
my custum-edit-buttons are shown with the wrong address. Is this only happened to me?
On MW 1.9.3 this extension work good. Thanks to author!!! Here is russian translation:
$messages['talkhere-title']= '$1'; $messages['talkhere-headtext']= ''; $messages['talkhere-foottext']= 'Вы можете оставить свои комментиии к этой статье в нижней части страницы. <br/> Администратоы этого сайта не несут ответственность за содержание комментариев к статьям расположенным на сайте.'; $messages['talkhere-talkpage']= 'Страница Обсуждение'; $messages['talkhere-notalk']= '\'\'(Комментарии пока отсутствуют)\'\''; $messages['talkhere-addcomment']= 'Добавьте Ваш комментарий'; $messages['talkhere-beforeinput']= 'Добавьте Ваш комментарий ниже.'; $messages['talkhere-afterinput']= ''; $messages['talkhere-afterform']= ''; $messages['talkhere-loading']= 'Загрузка модуля редактирования...'; $messages['talkhere-collapse']= 'Скрыть модуль редактирования';
You could add option to hide the discussions and to reply too. Is it in your TODO list? Show date and time and a field to add email will be great too Lleoliveirabr 18:09, 6 May 2007 (UTC)
- The problem with the more advanced requests is that TalkHere currently doesn't generate the discussion output itself, nor does it generate the edit for: it simply recycles the existing functionality for article display and edit page. It's not easy to hook in there to change things around without having to rewrite all.
- reply-to links are only possible per-section, and even then, they are a bit tricky (they would basically be section-edit links, but not quite, i guess). Input-fields are even harder to implement (the editpage code is not very felxible), and there would also have to be a way to assign some type of template to be used to generate the wikitext to add to the talk page. Because, again, all this basically does is inline the talk page into the article page. -- Duesentrieb ⇌ 19:16, 10 May 2007 (UTC)
Great extension, small suggestion
This was just what I was looking for, thanks for making it.
Would it be possible to add a magic word just like __NOTOC__ to control its usage on a page by page level?
I know I can already choose which namespace it's enabled in, I have it enabled on NS_USER, but some might want to control on what pages it's used, so a magic word, for example __NOTALKERE__ would be a nice addition. ILTK 18:49, 4 June 2007 (UTC)
- The idea isn't bad... but I havn't fiddeled with magic words like that before, so i don't really know how tricky it would be. -- Duesentrieb ⇌ 11:18, 4 July 2007 (UTC)
There's a minor bug(?) though: The editor will show up even if the user lacks permission to edit the (talk) page, thus suggesting he can type away - this might be a significant annoyance... -- FND 09:01, 16 June 2007 (UTC)
- Sounds like a bug :) I'll try to look into it when i have time. -- Duesentrieb ⇌ 11:19, 4 July 2007 (UTC)
- Fixed in r23996 - it was a bug in Title->userCan('edit'). This should be included in MediaWiki 1.11 I think. -- All the best, Nickj 09:14, 13 July 2007 (UTC)
Edit (Section) Links
Would it be possible to add EditSection links to TalkHere areas?
That way it would be easy to respond to existing discussions.
Alternatively (or additionally), an Edit link for the talk page (e.g. next to the regular link to the talk page) would help. -- FND 19:15, 18 June 2007 (UTC)
- the trouble is that i'm simply inlining a normally rendered talk page. I don't have control over how the edit links are created. The edit links would work (they are actually there, just hidden using CSS), but they would be confusing to non-wiki-folx, because after editing, you would not return to the article, but to the talk page. finding your way back isn't obvious.
- An edit link to the talk page would be possible, but would suffer from the same problem. -- Duesentrieb ⇌ 11:15, 4 July 2007 (UTC)
- I've updated the main page accordingly - thanks for the info! -- FND 11:52, 4 July 2007 (UTC)
Do extra namespaces work?
I have a couple extra namespaces defined, do I need to define constants for those somewhere?
For example I have a namespace called Forum added to $wgExtraNamespaces array, but if I try something like:
$wgTalkHereNamespaces = array( NS_USER, NS_FORUM );
TalkHere doesn't show up on pages in the Forum namespace.
ILTK 17:38, 17 June 2007 (UTC)
- If you want to use constants, you have to define them, yes. Otherwise, just use the namespace number directly. -- Duesentrieb ⇌ 11:12, 4 July 2007 (UTC)
Examples / Screenshots
It would be nice, if there are some sample sites to see the extension in action... --126.96.36.199 13:29, 5 July 2007 (UTC)
- i18n for Tradition Chinese(正體中文的i18n檔). Just for reference only(僅供參考用).
<?php /** * Internationalisation file for the TalkHere extension * * @package MediaWiki * @subpackage Extensions * @author Daniel Kinzler, brightbyte.de * @copyright © 2007 Daniel Kinzler * @licence GNU General Public Licence 2.0 or later */ $messages['talkhere-title']= '$1'; $messages['talkhere-headtext']= ''; $messages['talkhere-foottext']= '此上方可能有討論留言 <br/> 在此的留言不代表本站立場，站長對站內之留言不負任何責任'; $messages['talkhere-talkpage']= '討論頁面(talk page)'; $messages['talkhere-notalk']= '\'\'(尚未有討論留言)\'\''; $messages['talkhere-addcomment']= '留言討論'; $messages['talkhere-beforeinput']= '您可於下方留言討論'; $messages['talkhere-afterinput']= ''; $messages['talkhere-afterform']= ''; $messages['talkhere-loading']= '載入編輯器...'; $messages['talkhere-collapse']= '隱藏編輯器'; ?>
--Roc michael 13:59, 14 July 2007 (UTC)
Great extension, I hoped to find something like this!
- I'm also in favour of disabling it for some pages like the Main Page or User Pages in general with a Magic Word like __NOTALKHERE__
- Would be nice if --~~~~ could be added automatically
- After each comment ---- should be added so unsigned comments in a row are seperated from eachother and don't look like one text
- I think you could combine those by adding --~~~~<br />---- after each comment at saving (but I guess by just calling the talk page you have no control over this and I should make a note in the footer ;)
- After adding a comment the (mostly non-wiki) users should be redirected to the article instead of the talk page (too confusing, "where the heck am i now??").
- As is, people will click the article link, but with Firefox their added comment does not show up! F5 doesn't help either. It works for the first comment left, but not for later users not even after coming back to the article later. Heavy bug imo. In IE it's ok.
- Found out it was another extension in LocalSettings which was causing this.
- Is there a way to control the section before the TalkHere section takes effect? E.g. I'd like to have
above the field and have the h1 headline [Talk] ... removed (ugly and useless imo) which appears after the first comment. I (and many others I guess) use your extension exactly for that reason. The visitors have no clue about using wiki and just should be able to leave a comment without bothering the discussion / talk page thingy.
- This is what Extension:ArticleComments can do (positive and negative) but it has to be enabled per page with a code so that's why I prefer your extension, but by not refreshing, missing __NOTALKHERE__ and with the not signed and clearly seperated messages I can't use it and will try to get the code for Extension:ArticleComments on all article and category pages. Please let me know what you think you will change, cos i have to decide for one of the 2 extension soon :) --Subfader 10:55, 21 August 2007 (UTC)
Could someone who has this running on their site, please link to it. I would like to try it before possibly uninstalling my current discussion setup and installing this one. Thank you.--Rovo 17:32, 20 September 2007 (UTC)
It would be nice if there was a promt to ask for a name, or to automatically sign the logged in users name.--Rovo 16:13, 28 September 2007 (UTC)
Can't remove TalkHere
I have removed TalkHere's include and cleared the cache, but the talk pages still show up at the bottom of each pages. What gives?
long time to loading editor.....No Response
(no comments yet)
hide editor loading editor…
Scandinavian characters like Ä jams the whole extension.
- Since mediawiki uses UTF-8 for everything, and I, being German, myself use TalkHere with Umlauts, I can only say: it works fine for me. The trouble must be elsewhere. -- Duesentrieb ⇌ 20:37, 27 November 2008 (UTC)
how can i add user name along with message?
I think Extension:Discussion2 does that.
The page title
Talkhere changes the page title on every page to the Talk:<whatever>. I need some help fixing this. I have spent 3 hours and have traced it down to $talkArticle->view(); of TalkHereHooks.php. How do I block the page title from being changed inside that function. Very frustrating. Your help is greatly appreciated.