What is the resource consumption of this extension? I was wondering if it might be better, on smaller wikis, to disable it (by commenting out the require_once line in LocalSettings.php) until a need arises to rename a user.
About this board
Hey, I need to change all the usernames in my wiki. The convention has been changed and now I need to update the wiki users. Is there a way of calling the extension with parameters, so I can run it as a php command like this? php Renameuser.php oldname newname It would be very helpful if it's possible.
others suggestions are welcome as well :)
Where can I get an old Version for Mediawiki 1.17? I looked up the Discussion Archive but only found a dead link.
I fixed the link within the info box. Cheers
Thank you for updating the link, but I still get the following error message, if I open the Special Page:
Fatal error: Call to a member function addWikiMsg() on a non-object in ...www/wiki/extensions/Renameuser/Renameuser_body.php on line 25
Hmm, try this one
This one works, thank you very much! I linked to this version on the infobox, I am sure, I am not the only one with this problem.
Sorry, I don't get it with this Visual Editor.
Use the command line maintenance script to do the rename, or use a different account to do the rename.
The article says, "You can't rename the same account from where you're performing the rename. Use the command line maintenance script to do the rename, or use a different account to do the rename."
I'm in the
maintenance folder, but there does not appear to be a script to perform the rename:
# ls |grep -i rename renameDbPrefix.php renameRestrictions.php
I'm using Mediawiki 1.35.2, if it matters.
That's because the renameUser maintenance script is not located in MediaWiki's default
maintenance folder, but in
Error: 1054 Unknown column 'ar_user_text' in 'where clause'
If you encounter this error during rename on MediaWiki 1.33 or newer, remove any instance of $wgActorTableSchemaMigrationStage in LocalSettings.php, because this setting has been deleted in 1.33 but this extension is trying to fallback to the old behavior if defined with some specific values.
Not working on my phone
Hello. I am trying to rename my username because I don't like this name anymore. I own a Samsung Galaxy A20e and it dosen't work. Can someone help me? Please, thank you.
Most users are unable to rename their own accounts, and must request a rename instead. The place to do so is Steward requests/Username changes on Meta Wikimedia.
Hello, I am the administrator of TibiaLatina Wiki, I added the extension "reusername" to my directory called
Renameuser in my
extensions/ folder, also add wfLoadExtension( 'Renameuser' ); code at the bottom of my LocalSettings.php but when loading the page I get the error 500. Im using Mediawiki 1.32.0
P.s.: I have already integrated other extensions to my wiki and everything has been perfect, my only problem arises with this extension.
What will be the cause? Thanks!
What I want to change is my username, since it is my real name and I would like to change it to another.
Not working in pt.wikt
I'm an admin and bureaucrat at pt.wikt. I just tried using this there and got a page saying that I'm not allowed to execute the action I have requested. Can you help me? Thanks.
Local administrators and bureaucrats can not rename users on WMF wikis. Requests to rename accounts should be made at meta:Steward requests/Username changes.
Renaming users with stupid unicode names
We have had a user have some fun with Unicode characters that move out of the actual text area -> Link. When trying to rename the user to a "normal" name there is only a
[99e16bb96fedb23f92af27ed] 2018-06-11 20:34:51: Fataler Ausnahmefehler des Typs „Error“ (Fatal Error of Type "Error"). Getting rid of the user also does not work with Extension:UserMerge.
installing on Mediawiki 1.23
when installing this extension on a Wiki (Mediawiki 1.23), I get the message "This version of the Renameuser extension requires MediaWiki 1.25+"
You are trying to install a version that is incompatible with MW 1.23. Either you update a wiki, e.g. to MW 1.27 (LTS) (preferred) or you should use a version compatible with MW 1.23.